« EelmineJätka »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
10 GEORGE IV. 1829.
Printed by His Majesty's Statute and Law Printers;
(Price 15 s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the THIRD Session of the EIGHTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
10° GEORGII IV.
PUBLICK GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act for the Suppression of dangerous Associations or As
semblies in Ireland.
Page 1 2. An Act for continuing to His Majesty for One Year certain Duties on Personal Estates, Offices, and Pensions in England, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty
3. An Act for applying certain Sums of Money for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty-nine. 6 4. An Act for raising the Sum of Twelve Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty-nine.
Ibid. 5. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore. Ibid. 6. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters. 9 7. An Act for the Relief of His Majesty's Roman Catholic Subjects. 49 8. An Act to amend certain Acts of the Parliament of Ireland relative to the Election of Members to serve in Parliament, and to regulate the Qualification of Persons entitled to vote at the Election of Knights of the Shire in Ireland. 59 9. An Act for fixing, until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and thirty, the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Innkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers. 71 10. An Act to suspend, until the End of the next Session of Parliament, the making of Lists and the Ballots and Enrolments for the Militia of the United Kingdom, and to reduce the permanent Staff, and regulate the Allowances of Serjeants hereafter appointed. 74
11. An Act to continue for Two Years an Act made in the FiftyA 2 fourth
fourth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty, for rendering the Payment of Creditors more equal and expeditious in Scotland.
Page 76 12. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and thirty.
13. An Act to provide for Monies paid into Court under Acts afterwards repealed.
14. An Act for repealing several Acts relating to the Charity for the Relief of the Poor Widows of Commissioned and Warrant Officers in the Royal Navy, and for substituting other Provisions in lieu thereof.
81 15. An Act to facilitate the Public Business in certain Cases in the Navy and Victualling Departments. 84
16. An Act to continue the Operation of an Act of the Seventh Year of His present Majesty, for suspending the Provisions of an Act of His late Majesty respecting the Appointment of Writers in the Service of the East India Company; and to amend the Provisions of an Act of the Forty-seventh Year of His late Majesty, so far as they relate to the Period of Residence at Hertford College as a Qualification for certain Offices.
17. An Act to continue, until the Thirty-first Day of December One thousand eight hundred and thirty-two, certain Acts relating to the Island of Newfoundland, and the Fisheries carried on upon the Banks and Shores thereof.
18. An Act to explain, amend, and alter the Act of the Ninth Year of the Reign of His present Majesty, for regulating the Care and Treatment of Insane Persons in England. Ibid. 19. An Act to explain and amend an Act of the Parliament of Scotland, intituled An Act concerning the Registration of Seisins and Reversions of Tenements within Burgh.
20. An Act to carry into Execution the Stipulations of a Convention between His Majesty and His Catholic Majesty, for the Settlement of certain British Claims upon Spain, and of certain Spanish Claims upon the United Kingdom.
21. An Act to continue Compositions for the Assessed Taxes for a further Term of One Year. 97
22. An Act to provide until the Thirty-first Day of December One thousand eight hundred and thirty-four, for the Government of His Majesty's Settlements in Western Australia, on the Western Coast of New Holland.
23. An Act to impose Duties on the Importation of Silk and Silk Goods, and to allow Drawbacks on the Exportation thereof. 99 24. An Act to enable the Commissioners for the Reduction of the National Debt to grant Life Annuities and Annuities for Terms of Years.
25. An Act to provide for the better Management of the Affairs of Greenwich Hospital.
26. An Act for transferring the Management of Greenwich OutPensions, and certain Duties in Matters of Prize, to the Treasurer of the Navy.
142 27. An
27. An Act to amend the several Acts for regulating the Reduction of the National Debt. Page 160 28. An Act to apply a Sum out of the Consolidated Fund and the Surplus of Ways and Means to the Service of the year One thousand eight hundred and twenty-nine.
29. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expences of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; and to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons Mates, and Serjeant Majors of the Militia, until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and thirty. Ibid. 30. An Act to continue and amend the Laws relating to Yeomanry Corps in Ireland. 177
31. An Act for funding Three Millions of Exchequer Bills. 178 32. An Act to enable One or more of the Commissioners of Excise to act for the Dispatch of Business for Scotland and Ireland respectively.
187 33. An Act to amend the several Acts for the Encouragement of the Irish Fisheries.
205 36. An Act to continue until the End of the next Session of Parliament, and to amend the Acts for the Relief of Insolvent Debtors in Ireland.
189 34. An Act for consolidating and amending the Statutes in Ireland relating to Offences against the Person. 190 35. An Act to prevent Arrests upon Mesne Process where the Debt or Cause of Action is under Twenty Pounds, and to regulate the Practice of Arrests, in Ireland.
37. An Act to amend the Laws relating to Coroners in Ireland.
38. An Act for the more effectual Punishment of Attempts to murder in certain Cases in Scotland. 211 39. An Act for continuing to His Majesty, for One Year, certain Duties on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twentynine. 40. An Act to continue for One Year, and until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act of the Sixth Year of His present Majesty, for providing for the repairing, maintaining, and keeping in Repair certain Roads and Bridges in Ireland.
Ibid. 41. An Act to amend the Laws for the Regulation oft he Butter Trade in Ireland.
Ibid. 42. An Act to amend an Act of the Fourth Year of His present Majesty, for the Amendment of the Laws respecting Charitable Loan Societies in Ireland.
217 43. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the Customs. 218 44. An Act for improving the Police in and near the Metropolis. 225 45. An Act to continue, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and thirty-two, an Act for the more effectual Administration of the Office of a Justice of the Peace in and near the Metropolis.
46. An Act for more effectually executing an Act of the last