« EelmineJätka »
South-Eastern Druinage Act Further Amendment Act.—1921.
(2) Thereupon any two landholders of land comprised within the ward who are entitled to vote at the election may nominate any other person for election as such member. No such nomination shall be valid unless(a) the nomination paper is signed by the two landholders
making the nomination, and also by the person
nominated in token of his consent thereto; and (b) the nomination paper complying with the preceding
requisites is received by the Commissioner within twenty-eight days from the publication of the notice
mentioned in subsection (1) hereof. (3) The Commissioner shall publish in the Gazette a notice, which shall state the names and addresses of the persons nominated for election as a member to represent the ward upon the Assessment Board, and shall, in the event of there being more than one person so nominated, by such notice appoint a person to act as Returning Officer for the ward for the purpose of the election, and, if the vacancy to be filled is caused otherwise than pursuant to section 12 hereof, shall by such notice also appoint a date upon which a poll shall be taken for the election.
(4) After the publication in the Gazette of the notice mentioned in subsection (3) hereof, each District Council in the ward shall cause a poll to be taken within its district for the election of a member to represent the ward upon the Assessment Board, and, if the vacancy to be filled is caused otherwise than pursuant to section 12 hereof, such poll shall be taken on the date appointed in that behalf by such notice. For the purpose of any such election the portion of the County of Cardwell defined in the First Schedule to this Act shall be deemed to be within the district of the District Council of Lacepede.
(5) The following provisions shall apply to the taking of such poll within any district:(a) The District Council shall appoint a Returning Officer,
not being one of the persons nominated as aforesaid,
for the purpose of the poll: (6) The persons to be submitted as candidates to the voters
at the poll shall be all the persons nominated as aforesaid; and their names and addresses shall appear on
the ballot papers : (c) The persons entitled to vote at the poll shall be all the
landholders of land comprised within the district, and
(d) The South-Eastern Drainage Act Further Amendment Act.—1921.
(d) The Returning Officer shall, before the day on which the
poll is to be taken, cause to be furnished for use at
such list to be correct:
taken at the same places and in the same manner as
all matters relating thereto or connected therewith:
examine the votes, and openly declare the general
4. Part III. of the South-Eastern Drainage Act Amendment amendment of Act Act, 1908, is amended by inserting after section 41 thereof the No. 962 of 1908, following section:
419. The Drainage Board may, for such reasons as it thinks Board may reduce fit, at any time reduce the amount of or annul any assessment assessments even
5. (1) In any case where an appeal against an assessment for Appeals may be made rates made to the South-Eastern Drainage Assessment Board has from decisions of
Drainage Board to not been upheld by the Board, a further appeal may be made Local Court. against such assessment to the Local Court of Full jurisdiction nearest to the land comprised in such assessment. Such Local Court shall, for the purpose of hearing and determining all appeals under this section made to such Local Court which are set down for hearing at a particular sitting thereof, be constituted of a Special Magistrate and two other persons not being landholders of land situated within ten miles of the land comprised in such assessment, one of whom (who may be a member of the said Board) shall be appointed by the said Board, and the other by all the appellants who have appealed to such Local Court and whose appeals are set down for hearing at such sitting. Such appointment shall be made in manner prescribed. Such persons shall, for the purpose of hearing and determining such appeal, be deemed to be Justices of the Peace.
South-Eastern Drainage Act Further Amendment Act.—1921.
(2) Every such appeal shall be commenced within two months from the passing of this Act, or within two months from the determination of the original appeal by the said Board, whichever is the later date.
(3) The provisions of Part XI. of the District Councils Act, 1914, so far as they apply to appeals to a Local Court and are not inconsistent with the provisions of this section, shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to appeals under this section.
Amendment of Act No. 1295 of 1917, 8. 26
6. Section 26 of the South-Eastern Drainage Act Further
Amendment Act, 1917, is amended by substituting for the word Appeal to Board final. “ only” in subdivision (6) thereof the words “in the first place",
“ and striking out the words "and the decision of the Board on any such appeal shall be final” in the said subdivision.
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
W. E. G. A. WEIGALL, Governor.
Adelaide: By authority, R. E. E. ROGERS, Government Printer, North Terrace.
An Act to amend the Technical Education of Apprentices
Act, 1917, and for other purposes.
[Assented to, December 7th, 1921.] E it Enacted by the Governor of the State of South Australia,
with the advice and consent of the Parliament thereof, as follows:
1. (1) This Act may be cited alone as the “ Technical Education Short titles. of Apprentices Act Amendment Act, 1921.”
(2) The Technical Education of Apprentices Act, 1917 (herein- No. 1294 of 1917. after referred to as “the principal Act”), and this Act may be cited together as the “Technical Education of Apprentices Acts, 1917 and 1921.”
2. This Act is incorporated with the principal Act, and that Act Incorporation with and this Act shall be read as one Act.
3. Subsection (1) of section 3 of the principal Act is amended by Amendment of adding at the end thereof the following passage :
principal Act, 8. 3—
Application of Act. and, subject to section 7, only to and in respect of apprentices employed within any such prescribed district(a) whose apprenticeship commences after the passing of
this Act ; or
this Act is proclaimed to apply to the trade in which
Technical Education of Apprentices Act Amendment Act.—1921.
4. Section 5 of the principal Act is repealed, and the following principal Act, s. 5–
section is substituted in lieu thereof :Times and occasions 5. (1) The Minister may, by notice published in the Governfor attendance at technical schools.
ment Gazette, from time to time prescribe the time per week during which and the minimum number of occasions during each term on which apprentices to whom this Act applies shall attend at a technical school or class for instruction, and may, in like manner, revoke or vary any such notice: Provided that the time shall not comprise more than one half-day a week during the daytime and one evening a week, and shall not be more than six hours in length in any one week. The said time and number of occasions may be prescribed either generally or with respect to any particular trade within any particular district.
(2) The Superintendent of Technical Education shall, consistently with any notice by the Minister under subsection (1) hereof and with any directions which the Minister may give(a) give notice in writing to each apprentice to whom this
Act applies of the technical school or schools or class or classes at which he is required to attend for instruction, and of the occasions and hours for such
attendance; and (6) give notice in writing to the employer of each such
apprentice of the school or schools or class or classes at which the apprentice is required to attend for instruction, and of the occasions and hours for such
attendance. (3) Any notice by the Superintendent of Technical Education under subsection (2) hereof (a) may be in the Form A or in the Form B (as the case may
require) in the Schedule hereto, or in a form to the
(c) may be given by post.
any preceding notice. Amendment of ibid., 5. Subsection (1) of section 6 of the principal Act is repealed, s. 6 (1)
and the following subsection is substituted therefor :Duty of apprentice (1) Every apprentice to whom this Act applies who has been to attend technical
given notice under section 5 shall attend for instruction at the school and of em. ployer to permit him tecbnical school or schools or class or classes specified in the to attend.
notice at the hours on the occasions specified in the notice, and on at least the number of occasions during each term prescribed by the Minister as the minimum number of occasions for such attendance : Provided that no apprentice shall be