« EelmineJätka »
carnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
To be said three times in the day. I. V. The Angel of the LORD announced
unto Mary. R. And she conceived of the HOLY
Hail, Mary, &c. II. V. Behold the handmaid of the LORD. R. Be it done unto me according to
Hail, Mary, &c. III. V. And the WORD was made FLESH. R. And dwelt amongst us.
Hail, Mary, &c. Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O LORD, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the Incarnation of CHRIST Thy Son was made known by the message of an angel, may, by His Passion and Cross, be brought to the glory of His Resurrection,
through the Amen.
GRACE BEFORE MEALS.
Bless us, O LORD, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive of Thy bounty, through CHRIST our LORD. Amen.
GRACE AFTER MEALS,
We give Thee thanks, ALMIGHTY GOD, for all Thy benefits, who livest and reignest world without end; and may the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
MAGNIFICAT. 1. My soul doth magnify the LORD, 2. And my spirit hath rejoiced in Gou
3. For He hath regarded the humility of His handmaid ; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
4. For He that is mighty hath done great things unto me, and holy is His Name,
5. And His mercy is from generation to generation unto them that fear Him.
6. He hath shewed strength with His arm; He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their heart;
7. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble ;
8. He hath filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He hath sent empty away;
9. He hath holpen His servant Israel, being mindful of His mercy.
10. As He spake unto our fathers, to Abraham and his seed for ever.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
And Prayer for the Dead.
Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O LORD ; LORD, hear my voice.
Oh, let Thine ears consider well the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O LORD, shalt mark iniquities; LORD, who shall abide it?
For with Thee there is propitiation; and because of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O LORD.
My soul hath waited on His word; my soul hath hoped in the LORD.
From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the LORD.
For with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.
And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
V. Eternal rest give unto them, O LORD.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon them.
V. May they rest in peace.
O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy servants departed the remission of all their sins, that through pious supplications they may obtain the pardon which they have always desired; who livest and reignest with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God for ever and ever. Amen.
GOD THE HOLY GHOST.
Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful people, and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.
Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
O God, who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to relish what is right, and ever to rejoice in His consolation, through JESUS CHRIST our LORD. Amen.
VENI CREATOR SPIRITUS.
Come, O Creator Spirit blest,