« EelmineJätka »
WORKS GENERALLY, § 13 Before commencing the Operations Two Days' Notice to be given By the Builder. specified in this Section.
Definition, § 13.
8 13 Before resuming operations, after being Two Days' Notice to be given By the Builder. See suspended for a period exceeding
Definition, $ 13. § 14 On the occurrence of any Irregularity 48 Hours' Notice to be given - By the District Surin Building Operations.
8 37 As to Openings hereafter made in Notice to stop up within One By adjoining Owner.
External Walls abutting on adjoin- Month.
SPECIAL SUPERVISION. $ 15 On Completion of the Carcass of a Notice for Inspection thereof By the Architect or
§ 15 On Completion of Amendments, or Notice relative thereto By the Architect or the entire Completion of a Building,
Builder subject to special Supervision.
PARTY WALLS, &c. $ 20,21, Before Survey, Repair, or pulling down Three Months' Notice before By the Building Owner. 24, 25 of a Party Wall, Party Arch, or Party Operations.
See Definition, $ 13. Fence Wall. § 24 In the same Case
Notice for Survey
By the Building Owner.
See Definition, $ 13.
In the same Case
- Appointment of Survey By the District Sur.
veyor. § 33, 34 As to pulling down Rooms in inter-Notice of Intention to build a By the Building Owner
mixed Property, and repairing or Party Wall, or as directed
rebuilding Party Fence Walls. by Official Referees. In the same Case
Notice for Inspection thereof By the Building Owner
In the same Case
Appointment of Survey - By the District Sur
veyor. § 26 As to pulling down a Timber Partition Three Months' Notice of In-By the Building Owner and erecting or raising a Party Wall. tention to build or raise a
Party Wall, § 28 Excavation against existing Party Wall One Month's Notice of Inten. By the Building Owng
for a deeper Story, and for the tion to cut away Footings or
Wall. 839 Building a Party Wall on Line of Junc-One Month's Notice for Con-By the Building Owner
tion of Two Pieces of vacant Ground. sent of adjoining Owner. 8 38 In the same Case
Notice of Consent
By the adjoining Owner
MODIFICATIONS. $22, 23 Modification or Delayof intended Work Seven Days' Notice for Con-By the adjoining Owner to suit adjoining Owner.
before and after Notices in relation to Buildings.
With reference to whom
Place of Notice.
of Notice to be given.
To the District Surveyor See Form, At the District Surveyor's 201. Penalty for Neglect. Existing No, 1. Office.
Buildings altered, &c. without NC
tice, to be abated as a Nuisance To the District Surveyor See Form, At the District Surveyor's/201. Penalty for Neglect.
No. 2. Office.
To the District Surveyor See Form, At the District Surveyor's 201. Penalty for Neglect.
No. 3. Office.
See Form, at the Builder's Office, or Proceedings by Surveyor or
No, 5. Notifications.
To the Official Referees
See Form, At the Official Referees' Survey and Approval, or Disap-
proval by Official Referees,
Penalty of 2001. per Day.
To the Official Referees
To the adjoining Owner
See Form, According to Sections as to Inspection by Surveyor, 24.
No. 8. Notifications.
To the District Surveyor See Form, At the District Surveyor's Inspection by Surveyor, and and Official Referees. No. 9. and the Official Referees' Report to Official Referees.
Offices. To the Owners and Agents, See Form, To Building and adjoining inspection by Surveyor, and &c.
No. 10. Owners and Agents. Report to Official Referees. To the adjoining Owner See Form, According to Sections as to Erection of Wall.
and District Surveyor. No. 11. Notifications.
To the District Surveyor See Form, At the District Surveyor's Inspection by Surveyor, and
and the Official Referees. No. 12. and Official Referees' Office Report to Official Referees. To the Owners and Agents, See Form, To Building and adjoining Inspection by Surveyor, and &c. No. 13. Owners and Agents.
Report to Official Referees. To the adjoining Owner - See Form, According to Sectious as to Erection of Wall, or raising No. 14. Notifications,
To the adjoining Owner
See Form, According to Sections as to Exccution of Operations.
To the adjoining Owner - See Form, According to Sections as to Execution of Operations
No. 16. Notifications
No. 17. Notifications.
To the Building Owner See Form, According to Sections as to If consent not given, CommencoNo. 18. Notifications.
ment of Works must be delayed
for Decision of Official Reserccs. To the Official Referees See Form, At the Official Referees' Delay in commencing of Operations.
No. 19. Office,
No. 20. Notifications.
DUTIES ON WINDOW
Houses having not more than 7 Windows, are entirely exempt
from the Duty on Windows.—Other Houses are chargeable with the following Duties :
No. of Windows,
8 9 19 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
£ s. d. 0 16 0 } 1 0 1 8 0 1 16 3 2 4 9 2 13 3 3 1 9 3 10 0 3 18 6 4 7 0 4 15 3 5 3 9 5 12 3 6 0 6 6 9 0 6 17 6 7 5 9 7 14 3 8 2 9 8 11 0 8 19 6 9 8 0 9 16 3 10 4 9 10 13 3 11 1 6 11 10 0
No. of Windows. 35 36 37 38 39 40 to 44 45 49
54 55 59 60 64 65 69 70 74 75 79
84 85 89 90 94
99 100 109 110 -119 120 - 129 130 139 140 149 150 159 160 - 169 170 - 179 180
£ s. d. 11 18 3 12 6 9 12 15 3 13 3 13 12 0 14 8 0 15 16 0 17 5 9 18 13 0 19 17 9 21 0 3 22 2 6 23 5 24 7
6 25 10 0 26 12 3 27 14 9 29 8 6 31 13 3 33 8 3
3 0 38 8 0 40 12 9 42 17 45 2 6 46 11 3
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
And for every dwelling-house which shall contain more than 180 Windows, for every Window exceeding 180, Is. 6d each.
By 3 Vict. cap. 17, a duty of 10 per cent. is chargeable in addition to the above duties.
RULES FOR CHARGING WINDOWS.
1. The said duties to be charged annually upon the occupier for one year, from the 5th of April, which are to be levied on such occupier, or his executors or administrators, except as after provided.
2. Where any change in the occupation shall take place after the assessments, then the duties charged on the former occupier shall be paid by the occupier, landlord, or owner, for the time being, without any new assessment, notwithstanding such change in the occupation. But where a tenant shall quit, on the termination of the lease or demise, and shall give notice thereof to the assessor, the duty shall be discharged for the remainder of that year, in case it shall appear to the commissioners, at the end of such year, that such house shall have continued wholly unoccupied for the remainder of such year.
3. Where any dwelling-house is let in different apartments, and shall be inhabited by two or more persons, the same shall be charged as if such house were occupied by one only, and the landlord or owner shall be deemed to be the occupier, and charged.
4. Every house, whereof the keeping is left to the care of any person or servant, shall be subject to the like duties as if it were inhabited by the owner or a tenant; and, if such person shall not pay rates to the church and poor, the said duties shall be paid by the owners or tenant.
5. Every window, including the frame, partitions, and divisions thereof, which by due admeasurement of the whole space on the aperture of the wall of the house or building, on the outside of such window, shall exceed in height twelve feet, or in breadth four feet nine inches, shall be charged as two windows, except such as shall have been made of greater dimensions prior to the 5th of April, 1785; except also the windows in shops, workshops, and warehouses, and except the windows in the public room of any house licensed to sell wine, ale, &c. by retail, used for the entertainment of guests; and the windows in farm-houses especially exempted from the duties on houses.
6. Every window extended so far as to give light into more rooms, landings, or stories than one, shall be charged as so many separate windows.
7. When a partition or division between two or more windows fixed in one frame, is of the breadth of twelve inches, the window on each side shall be charged as a distinct window.
8. All skylights, and all windows in staircases, garrets, cellars, passages, and all other parts of dwelling-houses, to what use soever applied, shall be charged to the said duties.
9. Every window in any kitchen, cellar, scullery, buttery, pantry, larder, wash-house, laundry, bake-house, brew-house, and lodging-room, belonging to or occupied with any dwelling-house, whether the same shall or shali not be within, or contiguous to, or disjointed from the body of such dwelling-house, shall also be charged to the said duties.