« EelmineJätka »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
3 & 4 VICTORIA. 1840.
Printed by Her Majesty's Printers ;
(Price 17. 2s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the THIRD Session of the THIRTEENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
3° & 4° VICTORIA.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act for exhibiting a Bill in this present Parliament for naturalizing His Serene Highness Prince Albert of Saxe Coburg and Gotha.
2. An Act for the Naturalization of His Serene Highness Prince Albert of Saxe Coburg and Gotha.
3. An Act for enabling Her Majesty to grant an Annuity to His Serene Highness Prince Albert of Saxe Coburg and Gotha. 3 4. An Act to apply the Sum of Two Millions to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty.
5. An Act to repeal so much of an Act passed in the Thirteenth Year of the Reign of His Majesty King George the Second, intituled An Act to restrain and prevent the excessive Increase of Horse Races; and for amending an Act made in the last Session of Parliament, intituled An Act for the more effectual preventing of excessive and deceitful Gaming,' as relates to the Subject of Horce Racing. Ibid.
6. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
7. An Act to apply the Sum of Eight Millions out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty.
8. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on shore. Ibid.
9. An Act to give summary Protection to Persons employed in the Publication of Parliamentary Papers. 10. An Act to authorize the Issue of Exchequer Bills for Public Works and Fisheries and Employment of the Poor. 11. An Act to settle an Annuity on Lord Seaton and the Two next surviving Heirs Male of the Body of the said Lord Seaton
to whom the Title of Lord Seaton shall descend, in consideration of his important Services.
12. An Act for raising the Sum of Eleven Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty.
17 13. An Act to amend an Act of the First and Second Years of the Reign of Her present Majesty, to abolish Compositions for Tithes in Ireland, and to substitute Rent-charges in lieu thereof. Ibid. 14. An Act to continue for One Year, and to the End of the next Session of Parliament, the Acts for the Relief of Insolvent Debtors in Ireland.
15. An Act further to explain and amend the Acts for the Commutation of Tithes in England and Wales.
16. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and forty-one; and for the Relief of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors in certain Cases.
17. An Act for granting to Her Majesty Duties of Customs, Excise, and Assessed Taxes.
18. An Act to discontinue the Excise Survey on Tobacco, and to provide other Regulations in lieu thereof. 39
19. An Act for granting to Her Majesty an additional Duty of Customs on Timber. 46 20. An Act to amend an Act passed in the First Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the First, intituled An Act for rendering more effectual Her late Majesty's gracious Intentions for the Augmentation of the Maintenance of the Poor Clergy; and to render valid certain Agreements which have been made in pursuance of the said Act; and for other Purposes.
21. An Act to extend to the British Colonies in the West Indies an Act passed in the Fifth and Sixth Year of His late Majesty King William the Fourth, for regulating the Carriage of Passengers in Merchant Vessels.
56 22. An Act to impose upon Broad or Spread Glass the same Duties of Excise that are payable upon German Sheet Glass.
23. An Act for granting to Her Majesty, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and forty-one, certain Duties on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty. 61 24. An Act to repeal Part of an Act of the Forty-third Year of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth, intituled An Act to avoid trifling and frivolous Suits in Law in Her Majesty's Courts in Westminster, and of an Act of the Twenty-second and Twenty-third Year of the Reign of King Charles the Second, intituled An Act for laying Impositions on Proceedings at Law; and to make further Provisions in lieu thereof.
25. An Act to amend the Act for the better ordering of Prisons.
26. An Act to remove Doubts as to the Competency of Persons, being rated Inhabitants of any Parish, to give Evidence in certain Cases.
27. An Act to continue to the First Day of August One thousand eight hundred and forty-three, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, Two Acts relating to the Removal of poor Persons born in Scotland and Ireland, and chargeable to Parishes in England. 65 28. An Act to explain and amend an Act of the Second and Third Years of Her present Majesty, for more equally assessing and levying Watch Rates in certain Boroughs.
29. An Act to extend the Practice of Vaccination.
30. An Act for the more equal Assessment of Police Rates in Manchester, Birmingham, and Bolton, and to make better Provision for the Police in Birmingham, for One Year, and to the End of the then next Session of Parliament. 68 31. An Act to extend the Powers and Provisions of the several Acts relating to the Inclosure of Open and Arable Fields in England and Wales.
71 32. An Act to continue for One Year, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, the several Acts relating to the Importation and keeping of Arms and Gunpowder in Ireland.
33. An Act to make certain Provisions and Regulations in respect to the Exercise, within England and Ireland, of their Office, by the Bishops and Clergy of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Scotland; and also to extend such Provisions and Regulations to the Bishops and Clergy of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America; and also to make further Regulations in respect to Bishops and Clergy other than those of the United Church of England and Ireland. 74 34. An Act for making Provision as to the Office of Master in Chancery in certain Cases.
35. An Act to re-unite the Provinces of Upper and Lower Canada, and for the Government of Canada.
36. An Act for preventing Ships clearing out from a British North American Port loading any Part of their Cargo of Timber upon Deck.
37. An Act to consolidate and amend the Laws for punishing Mutiny and Desertion of Officers and Soldiers in the Service of the East India Company, and for providing for the Observance of Discipline in the Indian Navy, and to amend the Laws for regulating the Payment of Regimental Debts, and the Distribution of the Effects of Officers and Soldiers dying in Service.
99 38. An Act to continue Compositions for Assessed Taxes until the Fifth Day of April One thousand eight hundred and forty123
39. An Act to authorize Trustees or Commissioners of Turnpike Roads to appoint Meetings for executing their Trusts in certain Cases. Ibid.
40. An Act to amend Two Acts of His late Majesty King William the Fourth, for the Relief of certain of Her Majesty's Colonies and Plantations in the West Indies. A 3