« EelmineJätka »
The South-Eastern Drainage
Jern Drainage Scheme Act.—1908.
-- --- -cate result of such polls is that two-thirds or
of all the landholders voting approve of the arried out in pursuance of this Act, the Governor
rder that the scheme shall be carried out in puris Act, and the order shall be published in the Gazrtte. me shall not be carried out unless and until such order is
Order for carrying
16. If the aggregate res out scheme in pursuance of this Act. more of the votes of all Cl. ibid., sec. 14. scheme being carried on
may make an order tha suance of this Act. an
The scheme shall not be
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
GEORGE R. Le HUNTE, Governor.
The South-Eastern Drainage Scheme Act.—1908.
THE FIRST SCHEDULE.
LIST OF PROPOSED DRAINS. 1. Extension of Baker's Range Drain to Dismal Swamp.
2. Drain commencing at a point in the hundred of Penola, and running in a northwesterly direction to Baker's Range Drain, in or near Block 7, hundred of Joyce.
3. Drain from Lake Omerod, through the hundreds of Naracoorte and Spence, to Baker's Range Drain, in or near Block 4, hundred of Joyce.
4. Drain commencing at a point in the hundred of Joyce, and running in a northwesterly direction to near the western boundary of the hundred of Minecrow, thence westerly to the sea at a point about five miles north of Kingston, with a branch commencing near the said western boundary of the hundred of Minecrow, and running in a north-easterly direction.
5. Drain commencing at a point in the hundred of Fox, and running in a westerly direction to the sea at or near Boatswain's Point.
6. Drain commencing at Reedy Creek Drain, near Furner, and running in a westerly direction to Lake George, with an outlet from that lake to the sea, near Beachport.
NOTE.—The positions of the proposed drains, as above indicated, are approximately the contemplated positions of such drains, and may be altered as found to be necessary or expedient.
THE SECOND SCHEDULE.
THE SOUTH-EASTERN DRAINAGE SCHEME. 1, [name of Returning Officer), certify that a poll taken on the
, 19 , in the District of [name of District Council District), on the question whether the above-mentioned scheme should be carried out in pursuance of “ The South-Eastern Drainage Scheme Act, 1908,” resulted as follows:
Number of votes in approval of the scheme being so carried out