« EelmineJätka »
The Roads Amendment Act.—1908.
Not to repeal District
6. Subject as herein expressly provided, this Act shall in no way repeal or render less operative any of the provisions of “ The District Councils Act, 1887,” or “ The Municipal Corporations Act, 1890,” or any other Act, so far as the said Acts, or any of them, relate to the main roads of the said State.
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
GEORGE R. Le HUNTE, Governor.
The Roads Amendment Act.—1908.
MAIN ROADS. 1. From Thebarton Bridge, vra the Grand Junction, Smithfield, Gawler, Sheaoak Log, Daveyston, and Greenock, to Kapunda Railway Station.
2. From junction of Mann Terrace, near the Walkerville Road, via Teatree Gully, Gumeracha, and Stony Creek, to the River Murray, at Mannum.
3. From O'Connell Street, North Adelaide, by the Windmill Corner and Gepp's Cross, and north-easterly to the junction of the North Road, at Dry Creek.
4. From junction of North and East Terraces, Adelaide, via MacDonnell Bridge and Houghton Hollow, to join the North-Eastern Road near the 14th milepost near Inglewood.
5. From Teatree Gully and Port Adelaide Road, at Gepp's Cross, to the Upper North Road, at the Cavan Arms.
6. From the North-Eastern Road, at Teatree Gully, via the Lower North-Eastern Road and Hope Valley, westward to join the Main North Road at the Grand Junction.
7. From the post office, Prospect, to junction with the North-Eastern Road, opposite the north-eastern corner of section 460, hundred of Yatala.
8. From the North Road, at Reepham, to Dry Creek Road, at Enfield Park.
9. From Hackney Corner, North Terrace, North-Eastern Road, south branch, to join the Main North-Eastern Road at junction of Mann Terrace and Walkerville Road.
10. From the Cavan Arms, via the Cross Keys, Waterloo Corner, Virginia Bridge, and Two Wells, to Port Wakefield Railway Station.
11. From main road at the Maid and Magpie, via Magill, Lobethal, and Mount Torrens, to the North-Eastern Road, at South Petherton.
12. From Mount Torrens to Blumberg.
14. From the junction of South and East Terraces, Adelaide, via the Green Hill to join the Woodside branch, at Balhannah.
15. From Mount Lofty to the Greenhill Road. 16. From the Norton's Summit Road to Montacute, via Marble Hill. 17. From the Greenhill Road to Norton's Summit Road. 18. From South Terrace, Adelaide, via Glen Osmond and Crafers, to Echunga.
19. From the South-Eastern Road, at the new Lunatic Asylum grounds, near the north-west corner of section 265, hundred of Adelaide, along Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town, to the Payneham Road.
20. From South Terrace, Adelaide, via Unley, the foot of Shepley's Hill (section 1035, hundred of Noarlunga), Coromandel Valley, Clarendon, Meadows, Bull's Creek, and Currency Creek, to River Murray, at Goolwa.
21. From the Black Forest Inn, on the South Road, to the Port Adelaide and Tapley's Hill Road, at Glenelg.
22. From section 200, hundred of Noarlunga, via the Brighton Road and Scarborough Street, to the main road, at Pier Street, Glenelg.
23. From the junction of South and West Terraces, Adelaide, via the Black Forest Inn, Mudge's Corner (section 39, hundred of Noarlunga), Noarlunga, Aldinga, Grant's Corner (section 704, hundred of Myponga), and Yankalilla, to the seacoast at Cape Jervis. 24. From West Terrace, Adelaide, to Henley Beach.
The Roads Amendment Act.—1908.
25. From Henley Beach Road, for one mile (over Fulham Bridge). 26. From the Port Road, at Hindmarsh, to the Kirkcaldy beach. 27. From King William Street, along North Terrace, Adelaide, to the Port River. 28. From Port Adelaide Railway Station to Government Produce Depot.
29. From Port Adelaide Road to Henley Beach Road, along East Terrace, Thebarton.
30. From the western end of Jervois Bridge to the seacoast, at Semaphore.
31. From the Grand Junction (near the western corner of section 97), on the North Road, to the north-east angle of Alberton, and thence to the Causeway on the Port Road.
32. From the Black Forest Inn, across Taylor's Bridge, to join the Port Adelaide Road.
33. From Kensington, at north-east corner of section 275, hundred of Adelaide, to Cross Roads, at Glen Osmond.
34. From the South Road, at the foot of Tapley's Hill, to the Adelaide and Glenelg Road at Glenelg.
35. From the Bull's Creek Road, north of Clarendon, to junction with the South Road, at O'Halloran Hill.
36. From the South Road, near Noarlunga, to Willunga, Hindmarsh Valley, and via section 22, hundred of Goolwa, to Port Victor Jetty,
37. From the Willunga branch, at the town of Willunga, to Port Willunga Jetty. 38. From the South Road, at Yankalilla, to Port Victor Jetty.
39. From the Yankalilla and Port Victor Main Road, at Cockatoo Flat, to the south-west corner of section 1603 on the Dairy Flat Road, hundred of Yankalilla.
40. From the South Road, at Bryant's Corner (east corner of section 1014, hundred of Yankalilla), to the Yankalilla Jetty.
41. From the South Road, at Second Valley town, to the jetty, at Second Valley. 42. From South-Eastern Road, at Stirling, to the Mount Lofty Railway Station.
43. From the South-Eastern Road, at Echunga, to join the Mount Barker branch at Mount Barker.
44. From Echunga to Hahndorf.
46. From Aldgate Railway Station, on the South-Eastern Road, via Hahndorf, Littlehampton, Blakiston, Nairne, Kanmantoo, Callington, and the new bridge to Watts'.
47. From the Nairne branch, at Nairne, to the Woodside branch, at Woodside.
48. From near the 15th milepost, on the Nairne branch, via Balhannah, Oakbank, and Woodside, to join the Eastern Road at or near South Petherton.
49. From Millbrook, via Lobethal, to join the Woodside branch near Charleston. 50. From main road, near Forest Range, to Greenhill Road, near Carey's Gully. 51. From Ambleside Railway Station to main road at Hahndorf. 52. From main road at Balhannah to Balhannah Railway Station.
53. From a point near the 20th milepost, on the Nairne branch, via Mount Barker, Bugle Ranges, and Red Creek (section 1266, hundred of Strathalbyn), to Hartley, with a branch through Gawler Street, in Mount Barker, to the Mount Barker Railway Station.
54. From near the 29th milepost, on the Mount Barker branch, to join the SouthEastern Road, at Langhorne's Bridge.
55. From post office, Strathalbyn, via Langhorne's Bridge and Wellington, to the River Murray.
56. From Strathalbyn to join the Nairne branch, at Callington.
57. From the Bull’š Creek Road, at the Meadows, via Macclesfield, to the Bugle Ranges Railway Station.
58. From the Bull's Creek Road, at section 3450, hundred of Kuitpo, to the Willunga branch, at the top of Willunga Hill.
59. From Bull's Creek Main Road, at or near Ashbourne, to Strathalbyn Railway Station.
60. From the North-Eastern Road, near Modbury, via Golden Grove and Snake Gully, to join the Smithfield branch, at Sampson's Flat.
61. From main road at Williamstown, via Maidstone, to join the North-Eastern Road near Chain of Ponds.
62. From the North-Eastern Road, at Mannum, via block 6, hundred of Ridley, to the punt at Walker's Flat.
The Roads Amendment Act.—1908.
63. From the North-Eastern Road, at Stony Creek, via Mount Pleasant, to Eden Valley. 64. From Pine Hut Creek to south boundary, hundred of North Rhine.
65. From main road, at Mount Pleasant, via Cook's Hill (near section 655, hundred of South Rhine), to the Murray Flats, and thence northwards along the foot of the ranges via Rhine Villa to Sedan. 66. From the main road, at Rhine Villa, to the punt at Walker's Flat.
67. From the Mount Pleasant and Rhine Villa Main Road, at section 283, to Mannum.
68. From Chucka Bend to the south-east corner of the hundred of Bowhill. 69. From Bolt's Landing, River Murray, to section 66, hundred of Forster. 70. From Caurnamont to Purnong Punt. 71. From near Nuriootpa, on the north-eastern branch of the North Road, through Angaston, to North Rhine River, at section 540, hundred of North Rhine, and thence via Sedan to River Murray at Swan Reach.
72. From Smithfield Railway Station to Sampson's Flat.
73. From the North Road, near Gawler, via Templers, Light Bridge, and Forresters, to join main road at Auburn.
74. From main road near Templers to Wasleys Railway Station.
76. From Freeling Railway Station to the old North Road, between sections 183 and 184, towards Linwood.
77. From Freeling Railway Station, through Greenock and Truro, to cross roads at section 134, hundred of Anna.
78. From Truro Main Road to town of Dutton.
79. From main road, near Williamstown, towards Mount Pleasant to Bonney's Flat. 80. From Bonney's Flat to Blumberg. 81. From Monarto Railway Station, via Summerfield, to Palmer.
82. From Murray Bridge Railway Station, via Bridge Street to railway crossing at section 76; thence between sections 124 and 135 to boundary of hundred of Mobilong, and to the main road at Mannum.
83. From Blanchetown to section 74, hundred of Skurray. 84. From Swan Reach easterly to the north-east corner of the hundred of Mantung.
85. From south-west boundary of Renmark Irrigation District to west boundary of same district, via Renmark and Ral Ral Avenues.
86. From main road at Eden Valley, via Flaxman's Valley, to join the Angaston branch, near Angaston.
87. From Sandy Creek through Lyndoch to Tanunda, to join the main road to Blanchetown near Nuriootpa. (The road from Sandy Creek to Lyndoch to be regarded as off the schedule one year after completion of Angaston railway).
88. From Lyndoch Railway Station to Gawler and Williamstown Main Road. 89. From Gawler Railway Station, across South Para Bridge, via Sandy Creek and Williamstown to Mount Crawford.
90. From Kapunda Railway Station, via Ebenezer, to Stockwell.
91. From Kapunda Railway Station, through Steelton and Waterloo, to north boundary of hundred of Saddleworth.
92. From Kapunda Railway Station to Tarlee Railway Station.
93. From Stockport Railway Station to the junction of the Greenock and Kapunda Roads.
94. From the Greenock-Kapunda Main Road, along corporation boundary of Kapunda, to south-west corner of town.
95. From Eudunda Railway Station, via Government Well, southwards to south boundary of hundred of Neales.
96. From Eudunda to section 456, hundred of Julia Creek.
97. From main road at Eudunda, via Point Pass and Robertstown, to Burra Railway Station.
98. From Eudunda-Burra Road, at section 295, to north boundary hundred of Neales.
99. From Mount Mary Railway Station (Krichauff) to south boundary hundred of Schomburgk. 100. From Krichauff to five miles southwards.
The Roads Amendment Act.—1908.
101. From south boundary hundred of Lindley to the River Murray at Morgan. 102. From Morgan across Burra Creek, to section G, hundred of Stuart. 103. From Kooringa, via Nankivell's Gully, to join main road at Diprose Creek.
104. From main road at Breakneck Hill, near section 224, hundred of Kooringa, to McNeill's Creek, being part of Baldina Main Road nearest Kooringa.
105. From Burra Railway Station, via section 295, hundred of Kooringa, to Leighton.
106. From Burra corporation boundary to near Shafton Hill.
107. From Mount Bryan Railway Station, via Mount Bryan East, to cross roads near Piltimitiappa.
108. From railway station, Salisbury, to Waterloo Corner.
109. From Murray Street, Gawler, to main road at the Redbanks, via Reeves Plains, with branch to the Experimental Farm.
110. From Willaston, along Gawler River, to section 37, hundred of Mudla Wirra. 111. From Roseworthy Railway Station to allotment 55, Roseworthy. 112. From Wasleys Railway Station io Mallala.
113. From the Adelaide and Port Wakefield Road, at Two Wells, to southern boundary hundred of Dalkey.
114. From the Port Wakefield Main Road westward to Lorne. 115. From the Port Wakefield Main Road to east boundary hundred of Inkerman.
116. From the cross roads at section 320, hundred of Dalkey, to Balaklava Railway Station; thence via Whitwarta and Mount Templeton, to the south boundary of the hundred of Everard.
117. From Port Wakefield, via Lochiel and Snowtown, to join main road at Redhill.
118. From the main road at Hæpner for three miles west on the Barabba Road.
119. From Pinery to Hamley Bridge Railway Station, via Owen and section 98, hundred of Alma.
120. From Tarlee-Rhynie Main Road to section 61, hundred of Alma.
121. From Hamley Bridge Railway Station across the River Light south to cross roads at section 330, hundred of Mudla Wirra.
122. From main road at section 1600, hundred of Gilbert, near Marrabel, via Riverton Railway Station, to join the old North Road at Rhynie.
123. From the Black Springs and Burra Main Road to section 420n, hundred of Apoinga.
124. From main road, near Marrabel, to Saddleworth Railway Station. 125. From Saddleworth Railway Station to Tothill's Belt. 126. From Saddleworth Railway Station, via Auburn, to Clare. 127. From main road at Auburn, via Hurd's Hill, to Halbury Railway Station. 128. From main road at Auburn to Manoora Railway Station. 129. From main road at Waterloo to Manoora Railway Station.
130. From Manoora Railway Station, via Black Springs, to Burra Railway Station.
131. From Mintaro Railway Station, via Mintaro, to main road near Sevenhills 132. From Leasingham to Hoyleton Railway Station. 133. From main road near Clare to Blyth Railway Station.
134. From main road at Clare, via Magpie Creek, Rochester, and section 400, and between sections 391 and 386, hundred of Hart, to Brinkworth ; thence ria section 434. hundred of Hart, and Redhill to Crystal Brook Railway Station.
135. From Farrell's Flat Railway Station to junction with main road to Clare. 136. From Farrell's Flat Railway Station, via Leighton, to Boorborowie.
137. From cross roads, at section 374, hundred of Anne, via Tommy's Gap, to Hallett Railway Station.
138. From Yarcowie Railway Station, via Jamestown and Caltowie, to join main road near the Stone Hut.
139. From Yarcowie Railway Station to western boundary of hundred of Wonna, via blocks D and E, in the hundred of Terowie.
140. From Terowie Railway Station to the north-east corner of section 326. hundred of Terowie.
141. From eastern boundary of section B, hundred of Terowie, via Terowie Railway Station, to western boundary of sections 155 and 123, hundred of Terowie.
142. From Petersburg Railway Station, via Dawson, to Oodla Wirra Railway Station.