« EelmineJätka »
An Act to amend “The Factories Act, 1907."
[Assented to, December 23rd, 1908.] DE it Enacted by the Governor of the State of South Australia,
with the advice and consent of the Parliament thereof, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited alone as “ The Factories Act Amend- Short title. ment Act, 1908,” and this Act and “ The Factories Act, 1907”. (hereinafter called “ the principal Act”), may be cited together as
945 of 1907. “ The Factories Acts, 1907 and 1908.”
2. This Act is incorporated, with and shall be read as one with Incorporation with the principal Act.
3. Section 85 of the principal Act is hereby amended so as here. Section 85 of principal after to be read as follows:
85. (1) The Governor shall appoint the persons so nomi. Objection to persons
nominated, and nated, unless objected to, pursuant to subsection (2).
election and appoint
ment. (2) If, in the opinion of the Minister, having regard to the Factories Act, 1906, records contained in the latest report of the Chief Inspector or
Vic. Act, No. 1976,
to the persons or some or one of the persons nominated
The Factories Act Amendment Act.—1908.
Cf. Queensland Act,
(6) Not less than one-fifth of the adult employés have objected
to the persons or some or one of the persons nomi. nated as representatives of employés, the representa
tives of employés shall be elected in manner prescribed. (3) Objections to nominations may be made by notice in writing to the Mivister, within twenty-one days from the date of the publication of such nominations.
(4) The Governor shall appoint the persons so elected.
(5) If, in the event of an election being required, as men. tioned in subsection (2) hereof, the employers or employés (as the case may be) fail to elect their representatives in manner and within the time prescribed, or the election otherwise fails wholly or in part, the representatives of employers or employés (as the case may be) shall be selected in manner prescribed, and the Governor shall appoint the persons so selected.
(6) When the representatives of employers or employés have been appointed, the Governor shall publish such appointment in the Gazette.
Rates for clothing to be both piecework and wages rate, where practicable.
4. Section 94 of “ The Factories Act, 1907," is hereby amended by inserting after the word “ furniture ” in subsection (c) the words " and articles of clothing or wearing apparel made in à factory."
Provisions of this Act5 . The provisions of this Act shall apply to any election required to be retrospective.
under section 85 of the principal Act, whether required before or after the passing of this Act.
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
GEORGE R. LE HUNTE, Governor.
EDWARDI VII REGIS.
An Act to make further Provision for the Drainage of
Land in the South-East of the State, and to
[Assented to, December 23rd, 1908.]
D with the advice and consent of the Parliament thereof, as follows: PART 1.
PART 1. PRELIMINARY. 1. This Act may be cited as “ The South-Eastern Drainage Act Short title and Amendment Act, 1908,” and shall come into operation on a day to commencement. be fixed by the Governor by Proclamation published in the Gazette, which Proclamation shall not be made unless a Bill before the said Parliament during the Session of the year one thousand nine hundred and eight, being a Bill for an Act to authorise the carrying out of a certain scheme of drainage in the South-East of the State, and for other purposes, is passed and receives the Governor's assent, and unless the carrying out of the scheme mentioned in the said Bill is approved as therein mentioned as the aggregate result of the polls of landholders also therein mentioned, and unless the Governor makes an order, as also therein mentioned, that the said scheme be carried out.
2. This Act is incorporated with “ The South-Eastern Drainage Incorporation. Act, 1878” (hereinafter called “ the principal Act”), and “The South-Eastern Drainage Act Amendment Act, 1895,” which Acts, so far as consistent with the provisions of this Act, shall be read as one with this Act.
The South-Eastern Drainage Act Amendment Act.—1908.
PART 1. Divisions of Act.
3. This Act is divided into Parts and Divisions as follows:
Division 1.--Constitution of Board:
Division 11.— Functions of Board.
4. (1) “ The South-Eastern Drainage Amendment Act, 1900," is hereby repealed.
(2) Such repeal shall not affect any right granted or accrued, liability incurred, duty imposed, or thing done or omitted to be done under the said Act, or any legal or other proceedings commenced or hereafter to be commenced with respect to any such matter or thing.
(3) All such matters and things are, so far as consistent with this Act, preserved and continued and declared to be of the same force and effect as if the said Act were still in force, or as if they were made or done under this Act, as the case may require.
(4) Any drain commenced under the provisions of the said Act may be completed as if this Act had not been passed, but upon the completion thereof the provisions of this Act shall have effect as if the said drain had been constructed under the provisions of this Act.
5. In this Act,
for the time being or the Minister of the Crown for the
time being discharging the duties of such Commissioner: “ Deputy Surveyor-General” means the person for the time
being holding the office of Deputy Surveyor-General: “ Engineer-in-Chief” means the person for the time being
holding the office of Engineer-in-Chief or discharging the
duties of such office: “ Gazette ”means The South Australian Government Gazette : “ Land” does not include any land situated within the
boundary of any Municipal Corporation or town or
township: Landholder” means the owner of any freehold estate in land
the holder of land under agreement with the Crown fo the sale of such land upon credit, the lessee of land held under lease from the Crown; and as to unleased Crown lands, the Commissioner of Crown Lands:
les of the
The South-Eastern Drainage Act Amendment Act.—1908.
6 Land Board ” means the Land Board under Part IV. of “The
Crown Lands Act, 1903 ”:
PART 1. 830 of 1903.
• Superintending Surveyor” means the person for the time
being holding the office of Superintending Surveyor:
holding the office of Surveyor-General :
1887," and all Acts amending or substituted for that Act:
“ The South-East” means and includes that portion of the
State comprised within the districts of the District
PART II. THE SOUTH-EASTERN DRAINAGE ASSESSMENT
BOARD. 6. (1) A Board, called “ The South-Eastern Drainage Assess- South-Eastern ment Board,” and in this Act referred to as “the Assessment Board.
Drainage Assesgment Board,” is hereby constituted.
Cf. Act 737, 1900, (2) The members of the Assessment Board shall be
(a) The Deputy Surveyor General ;
appointed by the Governor; and
South-East, to be appointed as hereinafter mentioned.
7. For the purpose of electing representative members of the Wards for electing
members of Assess Assessment Board the South-East is hereby divided into two ment Board." wards as follows:1. Ward No. 1~Comprising the districts of the District
Councils of Lacepede, Naracoorte, and Lucindale, and