« EelmineJätka »
afpect of nature there too fublime to be copied by
Taper, ftory of lighting one to St. Michael and the
Tafte, refined by Solitude, 36.
Tell, William, his patriotifm, 84; fhoots an apple from
the head of his fon, 85.
Terror, how infpired, 107.
Themistocles, his retort on the Athenians, 79.
Tifot, one of the dearest friends of Zimmerman, 147.
Trenck, Baron, his employment in prifon, 3.
Truth unfolds her charms in Solitude with fuperior
Vergennes, the Minifter of France, employs De Luc
Virgil, the merit of his works increased by the leifure
which retirement afforded him, 53; the reafon of
tion of the violent effects of love, 188.
Vifcomti, archbishop and prince of Milan, folicits the
Vifits always unpleasant to Zimmerman, 225; and to
Voltaire wrote the Henriade while confined in the Baf.
Walrave, General, his employment in prison, 4.
Wieland, his fublime conception of love, 182,
Women enjoy Solitude with higher relish than men, 178;
Youth derive particular advantages from Solitude, 6;
Zimmerman, his life, xi to xlviii; the effect of Solitude
Zolikofer, his doctrines described, 123.
Printed by T. Maiden, No. 5, Sherbourne-Lane,
JADIH1020114 A 8
1. ZIMMERMAN ON SOLITUDE, Vol. II. with Four elegant Plates, by Ridley, 8vo. 7s. 6d. Boards; 12mo. 6s. Boards.
2. HUDIBRAS, in three Parts, corrected and amended, with large Annotations, &c. by Zachary Grey, L. L. D. Adorned with Sixteen Copper Plates, engraved by Ridley from Hogarth's Designs; and Twenty-four Head and Tail Pieces, beautifully cut in Wood by Nibet, (Pupil of Bewick,) from humorous Designs by Thurston. In Two Volumes Octavo, Boards, il. Is. A few Copies on Watman's Royal Vellum Paper, with first Impreffions of the Plates. Boards, 11. 158.
3. ASIATIC RESEARCHES; or, Tranfactions of the Society instituted in Bengal for inquiring into the History and Antiquities, the Arts, Sciences, and Literature, of Afia. By Sir William Jones, and others. In Five Volumes Quarto, 51, 5s. Boards, with all the Plates, &c. printed verbatim from the Bengal Edition,
4. Mrs. DOBSON's LIFE OF PETRARCH, Two Volumes Octavo, with Eight beautiful Plates. Boards, 16s.
The fame in Royal Octavo, first Impreffions, Boards, Il. Is. 5. The LETTERS OF MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO to feveral of his Friends; tranflated by William Melmoth, Efq. with Remarks and Notes. Three Volumes Octavo, 18s. Boards.
6. The ORLANDO FURIOSO of ARIOSTO, in Forty-fix Books; tranflated by John Hoole; Five Volumes Octavo, with elegant Engravings by Bartolozzi, Heath, Sharp, Caldwell, &c. A new Edition, Il. 12s. 6d. Boards.
7. HOQLE's TASSO's JERUSALEM DELIVERED, Two Volumes Fool's-cap Octavo, with beautiful Frontifpieces, Boards, The fame Work in large Octavo, Boards, 12s.
8. A PHILOSOPHICAL