« EelmineJätka »
respect of Stock in Trade or other Property, to the Relief of
80. An Act for regulating the Criminal Jurisdiction of Assistant
Barristers as to certain Counties of Cities and Counties of Towns
81. An Act to amend an Act of the last Session, for consolidating
and amending the Laws for the Regulation of Grand Jury
Presentments in the County of Dublin.
82. An Act to defray until the First Day of August One thousand
eight hundred and forty-six the Charge of the Pay, Clothing,
and contingent and other Expences of the Disembodied Militia
in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain
Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quarter-
masters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons Mates, and Ser-
jeant Majors of the Militia; and to authorize the Employment
of the Non-commissioned Officers.
83. An Act for the Amendment and better Administration of the
Laws relating to the Relief of the Poor in Scotland. Ibid.
84. An Act to repeal the several Laws relating to the Customs.
85. An Act for the Management of the Customs.
86. An Act for the general Regulation of the Customs.
94. An Act for the regulating the Trade of the Isle of Man. 818
95. An Act to exempt Van Diemen's Land from the Provisions of
an Act, intituled An Act for regulating the Sale of Waste
Land belonging to the Crown in the Australian Colonies. 827
96. An Act to restrict the Powers of selling or leasing Railways
contained in certain Acts of Parliament relating to such Rail-
97. An Act to amend the Law respecting Testamentary Dis-
positions of Property in the Public Funds, and to authorize
the Payment of Dividends on Letters of Attorney in certain
98. An Act for facilitating the winding up the Affairs of Joint
Stock Companies in Ireland unable to meet their pecuniary
99. An Act to amend an Act of the Tenth Year of His late
Majesty King George the Fourth, for consolidating and amend-
ing the Laws relating to the Management and Improvement
of His Majesty's Woods, Forests, Parks, and Chases; and for
other Purposes relating to the said Land Revenue.
100. An Act for the Regulation of the Care and Treatment of
101. An Act to continue until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and sixty-two the Acts for regulating the Vend and Delivery of Coals in London and Westminster, and in certain Parts of the adjacent Counties; and to alter and amend the said Acts. Page 898
102. An Act to continue until the First Day of January One thousand eight hundred and fifty-one an Act for exempting certain Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes from the Operation of the Laws relating to Usury. 902 103. An Act to continue until the Thirty-first Day of August One thousand eight hundred and forty-eight, and to the End of the next Session of Parliament, and to amend, an Act of the Fifth and Sixth Years of Her present Majesty, for permitting Wheat to be delivered from the Warehouse or the Vessel Dutyfree, upon the previous Substitution of an equivalent Quantity of Flour or Biscuit in the Warehouse. Ibid. 104. An Act to empower the Commissioners of Her Majesty's Woods to appropriate to Building Purposes the Area of Darby Court, in the Parish of Saint James Westminster. 904 105. An Act for amending certain Acts of the Fourth and Fifth Years of the Reign of Her Majesty, for facilitating the Administration of Justice in the Court of Chancery; and for providing for the Discharge of the Duties of the Subpoena Office after the Death, Resignation, or Removal of the present Patentee of that Office.
106. An Act to amend the Law of Real Property. 107. An Act for the Establishment of a Central Asylum for Insane Persons charged with Offences in Ireland; and to amend the Act relating to the Prevention of Offences by Insane Persons, and the Acts respecting Asylums for the Insane Poor in Ireland; and for appropriating the Lunatic Asylum in the City of Cork to the Purposes of a District Lunatic Asylum. 910 108. An Act for the further Amendment of an Act of the Sixth Year of Her present Majesty, for regulating the Irish Fisheries.
109. An Act to amend the Law concerning Games and Wagers.
110. An Act for the better collecting Borough and Watch Rates in certain Places. 946 111. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the assessing of County Rates. 950 112. An Act to render the Assignment of satisfied Terms unnecessary.
113. An Act to facilitate the Admission in Evidence of certain official and other Documents.
114. An Act for the Abolition of certain Fees in Criminal Proceedings.
115. An Act for the Appointment of a Taxing Master for the High Court of Chancery in Ireland.
116. An Act for the Protection of Seamen entering on board Merchant Ships.
964 117. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the Removal of poor Persons born in Scotland, Ireland, the Islands of Man, Scilly, Jersey, or Guernsey, and chargeable in England.
118. An Act to facilitate the Inclosure and Improvement of Commons and Lands held in common, the Exchange of Lands, and the Division of intermixed Lands; to provide Remedies for defective or incomplete Executions, and for the Non-execution of the Powers of general and local Inclosure Acts; and to provide for the Revival of such Powers in certain Cases. Page 973 119. An Act to facilitate the Conveyance of Real Property.
1046 120. An Act for facilitating Execution of the Treaties with France and the United States of America for the Apprehension of certain Offenders.
1051 121. An Act to amend and explain certain Provisions of an Act of the Third and Fourth Years of Her present Majesty, for annexing certain Parts of certain Counties of Cities to adjoining Counties, for making further Provision for Compensation of Officers in Boroughs, for limiting the Borough Rate, and for continuing an Act to restrain the Alienation of Corporate Property in Ireland.
122. An Act to amend an Act, intituled An Act to carry into execution a Convention between His Majesty and the Emperor of Brazil, for the Regulation and final Abolition of the African Slave Trade.
1059 123. An Act to authorize until the End of the next Session of Parliament an Alteration of the Annuities and Premiums of the Naval Medical Supplemental Fund Society.
124. An Act to facilitate the granting of certain Leases. 125. An Act to continue until the Thirty-first Day of July One thousand eight hundred and forty-six, and to the End of the then Session of Parliament, certain Acts for regulating Turnpike Roads in Ireland. 1068
126. An Act to amend the Laws for the Provision and Regulation of Lunatic Asylums for Counties and Boroughs, and for the Maintenance and Care of Pauper Lunatics, in England. 1069 127. An Act for the better securing the Payment of Small Debts. 1121 128. An Act to make further Regulations respecting the Tickets of Work to be delivered to Silk Weavers in certain Cases.
129. An Act for raising the Sum of Nine millions and twentyfour thousand nine hundred Pounds by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and fortyfive. 1134 130. An Act to apply the Sum of Ten millions eight hundred sixty-nine thousand two hundred and thirty-nine Pounds One Shilling and Seven-pence out of the Consolidated Fund, and certain other Sums, to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty-five, and to appropriate the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament. Ibid.
LOCAL AND PERSONAL ACTS,
AND TO BE JUDICIALLY NOTICED.
AN Act to enable the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London to raise a Sum of Money at a reduced Rate of Interest, to pay off the Monies now charged on the Tolls and Duties payable by virtue of several Acts for improving the Navigation of the River Thames Westward of London Bridge, within the Liberties of the City of London; and to amend some of the said Acts. Page 1141 ii. An Act for uniting the Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal Navigation Company with the Ellesmere and Chester Canal Company.
iii. An Act for altering and enlarging the Powers and Provisions of the Acts relating to the Forth and Clyde Navigation. Ibid. iv. An Act for the Construction of a Dock, Wharf, Walls, and other Works, by the Birkenhead Dock Commissioners at Birkenhead in the County of Chester.
v. An Act for amending the Acts relating to the Docks at Kingston-upon-Hull, and for enlarging one of the said Docks. 1142 vi. An Act for paving, lighting, watching, cleansing, and otherwise improving the Parish of Wallasey in the County of Chester; and for establishing a Police, and also a Market, within the said Parish; and for other Purposes. Ibid. vii. An Act to incorporate the Members of the Institution called "The London Orphan Asylum," and to enable them the better to carry on their charitable Designs. Ibid. viii. An Act to enable the Corporation of the Amicable Society for a perpetual Assurance Office to lend Money upon Mortgage for the Purpose of Investment, and also to confer other Powers upon the said Society.
Ibid. ix. An Act for repairing the Road from the South End of Sparrows Herne on Bushey Heath, through Watford, Berkhampstead Saint Peter, and Tring, in the County of Hertford, into the Town of Aylesbury in the County of Buckingham. Ibid. x. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from the Turnpike Road, leading from Bromyard to Stourport, at or near to Stanford Bridge in the Parish of Stanford, to the Turnpike Road leading from Clifton to Worcester at or near to Ham Bridge in the Parish of Clifton-on-Teme in the County of Worcester.
Ibid. xi. An Act to amend the Acts relating to the Docks and Harbour of Liverpool. Ibid. xii. An Act to alter the Provisions of an Act for lighting with Gas the Town of Bradford and the Neighbourhood thereof, within the Parish of Bradford in the West Riding of the County of York.
1143 xiii. An
xiii. An Act for abolishing the Sunday Toll authorized by an Act passed in the Sixth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, intituled An Act for paving the Streets and Lanes in the Town and Borough of Southwark, and certain Parts adjacent in the County of Surrey, and for cleansing, lighting, and watching the same, and also the Courts, Yards, Alleys, and Passages adjoining thereto, and for preventing Annoyances therein; and for altering and amending the same Act; and for other Purposes. Page 1143 xiv. An Act for completing the Line of the Glasgow, Parkhead, and Woodend Turnpike Roads, for incorporating the same with the Roads under the Charge of the Glasgow and Shotts Road Trustees, and for the further Improvement and Maintenance of the said several Roads. Ibid. xv. An Act for the better paving, lighting, and improving the Borough of Chester, and for establishing new Market Places therein.
Ibid. xvi. An Act for establishing a Market in the Town and Borough of Stoke-upon-Trent in the County of Stafford. Ibid. xvii. An Act for amending the Acts relating to the Street leading to Clerkenwell Green; and for extending such Street, and making new Streets out of the same. Ibid. xviii. An Act for the better lighting the Town and Suburbs of Paisley with Gas.
Ibid. xix. An Act for granting more effectual Powers for supplying with Water the Inhabitants of the Town and County of the Town of Nottingham, and certain Places adjacent thereto, in the County of Nottingham.
xx. An Act to authorize the Erection of Sea Walls and Works, and a Jetty, at the Town or Parish of Cromer in the County of Norfolk, and otherwise to provide for protecting the said Town and Parish from the further Encroachment of the Sea. Ibid. xxi. An Act for the better ascertaining and collecting the Poor and other Rates in the Parish of Battersea in the County of Surrey.
1144 xxii. An Act to carry into effect an Arrangement between the Corporation of the Royal Naval School and the Committee for managing the Patriotic Fund for the Admission of Pupils into the said School.
xxiii. An Act to alter and enlarge the Powers and Provisions
of the Acts for making a Dock or Docks at Southampton. Ibid. xxiv. An Act to amend the Acts for building a Bridge over the River Avon, from Clifton to the opposite Side of the River in the County of Somerset.
xxv. An Act for improving and maintaining the Harbour or Port of Boddam in the County of Aberdeen. Ibid. xxvi. An Act for enabling William Jackson Esquire to build and maintain a new Church in the Township of Claughton-cumGrange in the County of Chester.
Ibid. xxvii. An Act for enabling William Potter Esquire to build and maintain a new Church in the Township of Claughton-cumGrange in the County of Chester.
Ibid. xxviii. An Act to enable the North British Insurance Company to purchase Annuities, to take and hold Property, and to invest Money