About this book
Raamatud teenuses Google Play
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the FIFTH Session of the FOURTEENTH
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
8° & 9° VICTORIÆ.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
AN Act to apply the Sum of Eight Millions out of the Con-
solidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand
eight hundred and forty-five.
2. An Act to continue for Three Years the Stamp Duties granted
by an Act of the Fifth and Sixth Years of Her present
Majesty, to assimilate the Stamp Duties in Great Britain and
Ireland, and to make Regulations for collecting and managing
the same, until the Tenth Day of October One thousand eight
hundred and forty-five. Ibid.
3. An Act for the Appointment of Constables or other Officers
for keeping the Peace near public Works in Scotland.
4. An Act to continue for Three Years the Duties on Profits
arising from Property, Professions, Trades, and Offices. 4
5. An Act for granting to Her Majesty, until the Fifth Day of
July One thousand eight hundred and forty-six, certain Duties
on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom.
6. An Act to repeal the Duties and Laws of Excise on Glass. 11
7. An Act to repeal the Duties of Customs due upon the
Exportation of certain Goods from the United Kingdom.
8. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the
better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
9. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine
Forces while on shore.
10. An Act to make certain Provisions for Proceedings in Bas-
11. An Act for assigning Sheriffs in Wales.
12. An Act to alter and amend certain Duties of Customs.
13. An Act to repeal the Duties of Excise on Sugar manu-
factured in the United Kingdom, and to impose other Duties
in lieu thereof.
14. An Act to exempt Ships carrying Passengers to North
America from the Obligation of having on board a Physician,
Surgeon, or Apothecary.
15. An Act to repeal the Duties of Excise on Sales by Auction,
and to impose a new Duty on the Licence to be taken out by
all Auctioneers in the United Kingdom.
16. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions
usually inserted in Acts with respect to the Constitution of
Companies incorporated for carrying on Undertakings of a
17. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions
public Nature in Scotland.
18. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions
usually inserted in Acts authorizing the taking of Lands for
Undertakings of a public Nature.
19. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions
Undertakings of a public Nature in Scotland.
20. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions
usually inserted in Acts authorizing the making of Railways.
21. An Act to amend an Act of the Fifty-third of George the
Third, for appointing a Stipendiary Magistrate for the Town-
ships of Manchester and Salford; and to provide a Stipen-
diary Magistrate for the Division of Manchester.
22. An Act to enable the Commissioners of Greenwich Hos-
pital to widen and improve Fisher Lane in Greenwich; and for
other Purposes connected with the Estates of the said Commis-
23. An Act for raising the Sum of Nine millions three hundred
and seventy-nine thousand six hundred Pounds by Exchequer
Bills for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred
24. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom
as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employ..
ments, and to extend the Time limited for those Purposes
respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand
eight hundred and forty-six.
25. An Act to amend Two Acts passed in Ireland for the better
Education of Persons professing the Roman Catholic Religion,
and for the better Government of the College established at
Maynooth for the Education of such Persons, and also an Act
passed in the Parliament of the United Kingdom for amending
the said Two Acts.
26. An Act to prevent fishing for Trout or other Freshwater
Fish by Nets in the Rivers and Waters in Scotland. 306
27. An Act to amend the Act to establish Military Savings Banks.
28. An Act to empower Canal Companies and the Commissioners
of Navigable Rivers to vary their Tolls, Rates, and Charges
on different Parts of their Navigations.
29. An Act to regulate the Labour of Children, young Persons,
and Women, in Print Works.
30. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Third and Fourth
Years of the Reign of His late Majesty King William the
Fourth, intituled An Act for the better Administration of
Justice in His Majesty's Privy Council.
31. An Act to facilitate the Transmission and Extinction of
Heritable Securities for Debt in Scotland. 339
32. An Act to alter and amend the Laws enabling Justices of the
Peace in certain Cases to borrow Money on Mortgage of the
County Rates, so far as the same relate to the County of
33. An Act for consolidating in One Act certain Provisions usually
inserted in Acts authorizing the making of Railways in Scot-
34. An Act for abolishing the separate Seal Office of the Courts
of Queen's Bench and Common Pleas. 391
35. An Act to simplify the Form and diminish the Expence of
obtaining Infeftment in Heritable Property in Scotland. 393
36. An Act to continue for Five Years and to amend the Acts
for authorizing a Composition for Assessed Taxes. 397
37. An Act to regulate the Issue of Bank Notes in Ireland, and
to regulate the Repayment of certain Sums advanced by the
Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland for the Public
38. An Act to regulate the Issue of Bank Notes in Scotland.
39. An Act to amend the Law of Arrestment of Wages in Scot-
40. An Act for amending an Act for making Provision for Parish
Schoolmasters in Scotland. Ibid.
41. An Act for amending the Laws concerning Highways, Bridges,
and Ferries in Scotland, and the making and maintaining thereof
by Statute Service, and by the Conversion of Statute Service
into Money. 440
42. An Act to enable Canal Companies to become Carriers of
Goods upon their Canals. 456
43. An Act for encouraging the Establishment of Museums in
44. An Act for the better Protection of Works of Art, and Sci-
entific and Literary Collections. 462
45. An Act to make perpetual and amend an Act of the Fifth
and Sixth Years of Her present Majesty, for preventing
Ships clearing out from any Port in British North America or
in the Settlement of Honduras from loading any Part of
their Cargo of Timber upon Deck. 463
46. An Act for the Appointment of additional Constables for
keeping the Peace near Public Works in Ireland.
47. An Act for the further Prevention of the Offence of Dog
48. An Act to substitute a Declaration for an Oath in Cases of
49. An Act to settle an Annuity on Sir Henry Pottinger Baronet,
in consideration of his eminent Services.
50. An Act to facilitate the Recovery of Loans made by the
West India Relief Commissioners. Ibid.
51. An Act to enable Archbishops and Bishops in Ireland to
charge their Sees with the Costs incurred by them in defence of
their Rights of Patronage, in certain Cases; and also to enable
Tenants for Life and other Persons having limited Interests in
Estates in Ireland to charge said Estates with the Costs in-
curred by them in asserting their Rights to Ecclesiastical
Patronage, in certain Cases.
52. An Act for the Relief of Persons of the Jewish Religion elected
to Municipal Offices. 480
53. An Act to continue to the First Day of October One thousand
eight hundred and forty-six, and to the End of the then next
Session of Parliament, certain Turnpike Acts.
54. An Act to amend the Laws in force in Ireland for Unions
and Divisions of Parishes; for the Settlement of the Patronage
thereof, and the Celebration of Marriages in the same. 482
55. An Act to continue for Two Years, and to the End of the
then next Session of Parliament, and to amend, an Act of the
Second and Third Years of Her present Majesty, intituled An
Act to extend and render more effectual for Five Years an
Act passed in the Fourth Year of His late Majesty George the
Fourth, to amend an Act passed in the Fiftieth Year of His
Majesty George the Third, for preventing the administering and
taking unlawful Oaths in Ireland.
56. An Act to alter and amend an Act passed in the Third and
Fourth Year of the Reign of Her present Majesty Queen
Victoria, intituled An Act to enable the Owners of Settled
Estates to defray the Expences of draining the same by way of
57. An Act to extend the Indemnity of Members of Art Unions
against certain Penalties.
58. An Act to suspend until the First Day of October One
thousand eight hundred and forty-six the making of Lists
and the Ballots and Enrolments for the Militia of the United
59. An Act to continue to the First Day of October One thousand
Session of Parliament, an Act for authorizing the Application
of Highway Rates to Turnpike Roads.
60. An Act to continue to the First Day of October One thousand
Session of Parliament, the Act to amend the Laws relating to
63. An Act to facilitate the Completion of a Geological Survey
of Great Britain and Ireland, under the Direction of the First
62. An Act to make further Provisions as to Stock and Dividends
61. An Act to make certain further Provisions for the Con-
solidation of Turnpike Trusts in South Wales.
Commissioner for the Time being of Her Majesty's Woods and
64. An Act to amend certain Regulations respecting the Retail
of Spirits in Ireland.
65. An Act to determine the countervailing Duties payable on
Spirits of the Nature of plain British Spirits, the Manufacture of
Guernsey, Jersey, Alderney, or Sark, imported into the United
Kingdom; and to prohibit the Importation of rectified or com-
pound Spirits from the said Islands.
66. An Act to enable Her Majesty to endow new Colleges for the
Advancement of Learning in Ireland. 509
67. An Act for making further Regulations for more effectually
securing the Correctness of the Jurors Books in Ireland. 515
68. An Act to stay Execution of Judgment for Misdemeanors
upon giving Bail in Error.
69. An Act to amend an Act of the Sixth Year of Her present
Majesty, for promoting the Drainage of Lands, and Improve-
ment of Navigation and Water Power in connexion with such
Drainage, in Ireland.
70. An Act for the further Amendment of the Church Building
71. An Act to extend certain Provisions in the Act for conso-
lidating and amending the Laws relating to Highways in
72. An Act to render it unnecessary to keep up Rothwell Gaol, in
the Honor of Pontefract, in the West Riding of the County of
73. An Act to enable the Commissioners of Her Majesty's Woods
and Works to apply certain Monies now in their Hands towards
discharging the Incumbrances affecting the Shrewsbury and
74. An Act to amend an Act of the Seventh Year of King
William the Fourth, for preventing the advertising of Foreign
and other illegal Lotteries; and to discontinue certain Actions
commenced under the Provisions of the said Act.
75. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Session of Parlia-
ment held in the Sixth and Seventh Years of the Reign of Her
present Majesty, intituled An Act to amend the Law respecting
defamatory Words and Libel.
76. An Act to increase the Stamp Duty on Licences to Appraisers;
to reduce the Stamp Duties on Registry Searches in Ireland; to
amend the Law relating to the Duties on Legacies; and also to
amend an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for regulating
the Issue of Bank Notes in England.
77. An Act to make further Regulations respecting the Tickets
of Work to be delivered to Persons employed in the Manufac-
ture of Hosiery, in certain Cases. 553
78. An Act to provide for the Payment of Compensation Allow-
ances to certain Persons connected with the Courts of Law in
England, for Loss of Fees and Emoluments.
79. An Act to continue until the First Day of October One thou-
sand eight hundred and forty-six, and to the End of the then
Session of Parliament, the Exemption of Inhabitants of Parishes,
Townships, and Villages from Liability to be rated as such, in