« EelmineJätka »
44. Bow down your spirits, from the Monarch on his throne, to the humblest peasant dwelling in a lonely cottage. Humble both soul and body; roll in sackcloth and ashes, and proclaim ye solemn fasts throughout your lands. Prepare, prepare, O thou mortal man! prepare, prepare, all ye inhabitants of earth, for the day of my visitation beginneth to dawn upon you ; for my anger is kindled against you, and who may quench it? The arm of my wrath is stretched out towards
you, and who may turn it back? 45. Naught but your cries and lamentations in the lowest of humiliation, will cause my hand of judgment to be stayed from the earth, saith the Lord of hosts; For I purpose to visit her in judgment, for her wickedness and abomination, and I will fill unto her a cup such as she never drank, since by my hand she was created. And her inhabitants have no time to lose, in preparing to meet Me their God.
46. My times and seasons, I have revealed not unto man; but I will shortly convince all flesh that my hand is upon the earth, in very deed.
47. Look not for my word to be showered down from the natural heavens above,-Look not for my word through those that are high and lifted up, and feel themselves far above their fellow creatures.
48. Look not for the second coming of my blessed Son in the natural clouds of heaven; for I have already sent him, and the foundations of my new Heavens and new earth, are already laid, never more to be overthrown, and ye believe it not. But ye may look for my word of solemn warning, from those in humble walks of life; and from the mouths of harmless children, saith the Holy One of Israel, shall ye hear my word.
OF THE LAW OF NATURE, AND ORDER OF GRACE.
THE DAUGHTER OF ZION DECLARED &c.
THE CHILDREN OF MEN, IN THEIR OWN NATURAL WISDOM, CAN NEVER DISCERN THE TRUE SIGNS OF THE WORKING OF MY
HOLY SPIRIT, SAITH THE LORD.
1. The children of men required to
to keep the law of grace. search the Scriptures.
9. The Daughter of Zion, or the Heav2. T'he Lord reasons with man.
enly Bride declared. 7. Mankind required to come to the 10. Concerning the fulfillment of the order of nature.
prophecies. Of the second coming of 8. Those called by the gospel, required
1. Thus saith the Lord to the inhabitants of the earth. Go search ye the records of my holy word, which many
of you so highly venerate; for ye say that they testify of Me, and of my blessed Son.
2. But after all the warnings which I had sent for hundreds and hundreds of years, through the mouths of my faithful servants, to my chosen people, respecting the coming of the Messiah, what did it avail them, when the time for his appearance had arriven? The sacred volume by which ye pretend to be led and guided, does testify the truth so far as it goes, upon that ground.
3. Though much of the record of my sacred word, delivered in past ages, hath been destroyed, and much that is now handed down to the present generation, hath been greatly perverted by such as were enemies to the yoke and cross, which the Lord Jesus required them daily to bear and wear; yet by the interposition of my Almighty hand, a sufficient portion of that record, containing the words sent forth from my eternal throne, hath been preserved unto the present day, and doth now stand before Me as a witness, testifying against the body of darkness which covereth the earth, and the
gross darkness that covereth the people thereon. 4. For their sins and abominations are many, and their trans
gressions not a few, saith the Great I AM; whose eye beholdeth the thoughts and intents of every heart, and the leading motive of every
action among the children of men. 5. But as I have said in ancient days, I would condescend to reason with my creature man; so do I in this the last age of the world, again say, I will this once, condescend to reason with the objects of my creation ; for truly the earth is covered with many souls, and there be millions and millions who know not their right hand from their left; upon whom the rays of my true light hath never beamed.
6. Therefore, I will this once and again extend the arm of my mercy, holding forth the sceptre of true righteousness, to all such of the inhabitants of earth as hunger and thirst for salvation, and are ready to sacrifice all to obtain it. And to such as desire still longer to remain in the wilderness state of nature, the sceptre containeth my law and commandments for the same.
7. I do require, saith the Lord, (who is descending to earth in mercy, and in heavy judgment,) that all such as desire to live in nature, propagating their own species, keep the law of nature unviolated, as I have commanded from the beginning.
8. And all such as desire to come into the gospel of grace, must keep the law of grace, as I did command in the first appearing of
my blessed Son, your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who stands as the first true Anointed One.
9. And, as I have commanded in the second manifestation of the same spirit, now in this your day, though you believe it not, which is through the Daughter of Zion, constituting a spiritual Mother, the second Anointed One, who now stands in her proper lot and place, with her blessed Lord and Savior; at the head of my new and spiritual Creation, now established on the earth; and her name is, and forever shall be, [called] MOTHER ANN LEE.
10. And now, the fulfillment of those predictions, from the mouths of my servants, concerning the establishing and setting up of my kingdom in the latter day of glory, as recorded in the sacred volume of my word, which all those of you who profess to be Christians so highly esteem and venerate as sacred truths, are now by my own mouth, saith the Lord, declared unto you to be fulfilled.
11. But I will show unto you, Oye children of men, the most plain and prominent passages recorded in holy writ, which have come down to the age in which you live, referring to the com
ing of the Messiah upon earth, to teach the people of his way, that they might walk in his path, when the time should come, for him to descend to earth.
12. And observe ye, how little these things were understood or regarded by those who then dwelt upon the earth; and in a special manner the Jews, who, for hundreds of years, had been called the chosen people of my name, and to whom I had shown great notice, in leading them out from the bondage of Egypt, into a land flowing with milk and honey, which I had promised their forefathers, I would give unto their seed after them.
PASSAGES OF SCRIPTURE REFERRING TO THE
COMING OF CHRIST.
Sec. 1. Those passages recorded in scripture, which refer to the first appearing of the Son of God on earth, I the Holy Angel, who read this Roll for mortal hand to write, am commanded, by the Most High to have here inserted.
Genesis. iii. 15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Chap. xlix. 10. The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
[Shiloh, meaning the Messiah, the Anointed, that is, the same as Christ. The sceptre departed from Judah soon after the Messiah came, and has never returned, to this day; and the law was in substance disregarded.]
Deuteronomy. xviii. 15. The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him
SACRED ROLL AND BOOK
16. According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb, in the day of the assembly, saying, let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great
any more, that I die not. 17. And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18. I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Sec. 3. This refers to Christ, and is corroborated by my faithful martyr Stephen.
Psalms. xvi. 8. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved:
9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth; my flesh also shall rest in hope;
10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
11. Thou wilt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy: at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms. cx. 1. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4. The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
5. The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the days of his wrath.
7. He shall drink of the brook in the way; therefore shall he lift
up the head.
Isaiah. vji. 14. Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Sec. 4. This does apply directly to the manner in which the Messian was to be ushered into the world, saith the Lord, for no virgin can possibly conceive and bear a son, through the co-operation of man; for the instant she yields to nature's passions in man, her virginity is gone.