« EelmineJätka »
An Act to enable the Victorian Railways Com
missioners to construct acquire maintain and
[22nd November, 1905.]
E it enacted by the King's Most Excellent Majesty by and with
the advice and consent of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly of Victoria in this present Parliament assembled and by the authority of the same as follows (that is to say) :
1. This Act may be cited as the Victorian Railways Motor Short title and Act 1905, and shall be read and construed as one with the Railways
construction, Nos. 1135 &c.
2. In this Act unless the context otherwise requires the expression Definition of motor " motor carriages" or " cars” means any vehicles (other than railway carriage or car. locomotives or carriages) propelled by gas oil electricity or any mechanical power and used or intended for use on any public highway to or from any railway station and constructed or purchased pursuant to this Act.
Jo ver for Commissioners to construct &c. motor carriages.
3. The Victorian Railways Commissioners may with the consent of the Governor in Council construct or purchase motor carriages or cars and may maintain and use the same for the purpose
passenger traffic on any public highway in Victoria to or from any railway station as aforesaid, and any officers and servants under the control of the Commissioners may be employed in connexion with the exercise of all or any of the powers by this Act conferred on the Commissioners.
4. The powers of the Commissioners conferred by the Railways Acts to make by-laws for all or any subjects or matters in regard to railways shall so far as is practicable extend to and include power for the Commissioners to make hy-laws on all or any of the like subjects or matters in regard to motor carriages or cars and persons using the same and as to any matters whatsoever necessary for the maintenance and use of such motor carriages or cars.
Need not be
5. The provisions of any Act relating to local government or to backrey carriages
. carriages shall not be deemed or taken to apply to motor carriages or
cars under this Act: Provided lowever that the Commissioners shall pay to the respective municipalities the like amount of fees as if the provisions of any Act relating to the licensing of hackney carriages extended to motor carriages and cars under this Act.
Application of motor car laws.
6. The provisions of any law for the time being in force relating to motor carriages or cars shall unless otherwise expressly provided be deemed and taken to apply to motor carriages or cars under this Act.
[22nd November, 1905.] E it enacted by the King's Most Excellent Majesty by and with
. Legislative Assembly of Victoria in this present Parliament assembled and by the authority of the same as follows (that is to say) :
1. This Act may be cited as the Administration and Probate Short title and Duties Act 1905, and shall be read and construed as one with Part V. construction. of the Administration and Probate Act 1890 and any. Acts amending 1862.
Nos. 1060, 1815,
and Probate Acts.
2. (1) Part V. of the Administrution and Probate Act 1890 as Application of amended by the Administration and Probate Act 1903 and the Administration Administration and Probate Dulies Act 1903 (No. 2) shall apply to the real and personal estate of every person dying between the thirty-first day of December One thousand nine hundred and five and the first day of January One thousand nine hundred and seven and to all persons liable to pay any duty in respect thereof.
(2) As to the real and personal estate of any person dying at any time other than as aforesaid, the Administration and Probate Acts in force at the time of his death shall notwithstanding anything in any Act contained have the like force and effect as if this Act had not passed.