« EelmineJätka »
32. In the Public Service Acts wherever the words “pupil Substitution of teacher” or “pupil teachers ” occur the words “junior teacher” and junior teachers or “ junior teachers ” respectively are hereby substituted ; and any person who at the commenceinent of this Act is a pupil teacher shall by the operation of this Act become and be a junior teacher but shall not by reason of such alteration of title suffer any diminution in the rate of his salary.
33. The Governor in Council may pioclaim any school as a Power to proclaim training school or model school or continuation school or preparatory school &c. school and notwithstanding anything contained in the Public Service Acts may appoint to any such school either as head teacher or as assistants such teachers whether male or female and such junior teachers as shall be certified by the Director as being specially qualified or required for employment in such school.
34. If in any financial year it appears that in consequence of the Provision for provisions contained herein the total amount of the salaries paid or to restrictine increase be paid to the teachers exceeds the total amount that would have had salaries, to be paid if this Act had not passed then it shall be lawful for the Governor by Order in Council to reduce pro ratâ the salaries of all teachers to an extent sufficient to bring the total salaries of such teachers to the last-mentioned total amount.
5 (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations-
Service Acts the conditions and the mode of appointment
Classifiers in fixing at each triennial period the number
teachers of woodwork or of cookery;
assistants of the several classes shall be appointed or in
which they shall be retained ;
monitors their employment and the salaries to be paid
to them; and
Publication of regulations.
(2) All such regulations shail on being published in the Government Gazette be as valid in law as if the same were enacted in this Act and shall be judicially noticed.
(3) All such regulations shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament within fourteen days after the making thereof if Parliament be then sitting and if Parliament be not sitting then within fourteen days after the commencement of the next session of Parliament.
Sections ten, eleven (sub-section two),
twelve, thirteen, fourteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, and nineteen, and the First and Second Schedules.
Public Service Act 1900
Section fifteen and the Second Schedule.
Sections 3, 9, 11, 12.
Part I. Classifie:l positio:is in the First, Second, Third, Four h, Fifth, and Sixth Classes of teachers, determined on a basis of a total average attendance of 150,000 pupils.
Sections 3, 11, 12.
FIRST CLASS TEACHERS.
Degree of the University of Melbourne and have passed the examination in theory
'Insert First, Second, or Third as the case
SECOND CLASS TEACHERS.
a Degree of the University of Melbourne and have passed the examinatiou in theory
THIRD Class TEACHERS. That is, teachers who have obtained the certificate of competency, and have also passed
the matriculation examination; or are certificated and hold two of the Department's science certificates ; oi have obtained a first class certificate ; or who have obtained a trained teacher's certificate subsequently to thirty-first December One thousand eight hundred and seventy-five ; or who obtained a trained teacher's certificate of first or second class under the Board of Education ; or who in the case of teachers employed at the passing of the Public Service Act 1890 possessed at the time of such passing a certificate of competency alone or who, being appointed after the commencement of this Act, have obtained the trained teacher's certificate, or have obtained a first class certificate, and have also passed in the subjects of the examination for the trained teacher's certificate, either at an examination for the trained teacher's certificate or at some examination of the University of Melbourne regarded as equivalent by the Director ; and who, in addition to possessing any such qualification, have been appointed to third class positions.
Second SCHEDULE, Part II.—continued.
Act 1895 shall be promoted to ibe third class upless he shall have been in charge
First Sub-class. (')
(') Insert whether Males or Females (as the case may be).
1750 Richards, Thomas and Hon. ... Head
Fitzroy 1019 Aug. 1884 Dec. 1863
Teacher 1930 Smith, Albert... Cert., matric. 1st M. Ballarat 1294 Sept 1884 Jan. 1864
1361 Jan. 1885 July 1867
2015 Jones, William 1st Cl. Train-. Head
| Fiery ing, Draw. Teacher Creek ing,
Certificate for 2nd class dispensed with. Certificate for 2nd class dispensed with
That is, teachers who have obtained the certificate of competency or who hold a first class certificate, and have been appointed to fourth class positions.
First Sub-class. (1)
(") Insert whether Males or Females (as the case may be).