« EelmineJätka »
Zecb. xii. 10. And I will pour upon the House of David, and upon the Inhabitants of Jerusalem, the SPIRIT of Grace and of SUPPLICATIONS, and they shall look upon him whom they have PIERCED.
In wbat manner we are to present our Supplications.
Matt, vi. s. When thou PRAYEST, thou shalt not be as the HYPOCRITES are: for they love to PRAY ftanding in the Synagogues, and in the Corners of the Screets, that they may be seen of Men. Verily, I say unto you, they have their REWARD.
6. But thou, when thou PRAYEST, enter into thy Closet, and when thou hast fhut thy Door, PRAY to thy Father which is in SECRET, and thy Father which SEETH in SECRET, shall reward thee openly.
7. When ye PRAY, use not vain REPETITIONS, as the Heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what, Things you have need of, before you ask him. . 9. After this manner therefore PRAY ye : Dur father, which art in Heaven, ballowed be thy Pame.
10. Chy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done in Earth as it is in beaven. II. Give us this Day our daily Bead.
12. And forgive us our Debts, as we fozgive our Debters.
13. And lead us not into Temptation, but deliver us from Evil: fod thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory, foz ever. Amen.
Chap. vil. 7. Ask, and it shall be given you : SEEK, and ye
shall PIND: KNOCK, and it shall be OPENED
8. For every one that. ASKETH, RECEIVETH $ and he that steKETH, FINDETH; and to him that KNOCKETH, it shall be OPENED.
9. What Man is there of you, whom if his Son ask BREAD, will he give him a STONE ?
10. Or if he ask a Fish, will he give him a SERPENT?
11. If ye then being Evil, know how to give GOOD Gifts unto your Children, how much more Mall your Father which is in Heaven give * GOOD THINGS to them that ask him?
Chap, xviii. 19. I fay unto you, that if two of you Shall agree on Earth, as touching any thing that they fhall Ask, it shall be DONE for them of my Father which is in Heaven
Chap. xxi. 22. All Things whatsoever ye Mall ASK in PRATER, BELIEVING, ye Thall RECEIVE.
Mark xi. 24. I say unto you, what Things foever ye desire when ye PRAY, BELIEVB that ye RECEIVÈ them, and ye Shall have them.
Luke xviii. 1. And he spake a Parable unto this End, that Men ought always to PRAY, and not to FAINT ;
3. Saying, there was in a City a Judge, which FEARED not GOD, neither REGARDED Man;
3. And there was a Widow in that “City, and the came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine Adver
The Holy SPIRIT,
4 And he would not for a while but afterward he said within himself, though I feat not GOD, nor regard Man;
5. Yet because this. Widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, left by her continual coming the weary me.
6. And the LORD faid, Hear what the unjust
7. And shall not GOD AVENGE his own Elect, which cry Day and Night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them fpeedily.
9. And he spake this Parable unto certain which Tufted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others :
10. Two Men went up into the Temple to PRAY, the one a Pharisee, and the other a Publican.
11. The Pharisee stood and PR AYBD thus with him self; GOD, I thank thee, that I am not as other Men are, EXTORTIONERS, UNJUST, ADULTERERS, or even as this Publicans
12. I FAST twice in the Week, I give Tithes of all that I poffels.
13. And the Publican standing afat off, would not lift up so much as his Eyes unto Heaven ; but . fmote apon his Breast, saying, God be merciful to me a Sinnet. " 14. I tell you, this Man went down to his House JUSTIFIED rather than the other : for every one that EXALTETH himself shall be ABASED ; and he that nomBLETH himself, fhall be EXALTED.
Chap. XX. 46. Beware of the Scribes,
47. Which devout Widows Houses, and for a SHEW make LONG PRAYERS, the same shall receive greater DAMNATION.
Chap. xxi. 36. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all
these Things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of MAN.
Chap. xxii. 40. And when he was at the Place, he said, Pray that ye enter not into TEMPTATION. ::46. And he said, Why Sleep ye? rise and PRAY, left ye enter into TEMPTATION.
! : Jobn iv. 23. The Hour COMETH, and now._ 15, when the true Worshippers shall worship the Father in SPIRIT and in TRUTH : for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24. God is a SPIRIT, and they that WORSHIP him, must WORSHIP him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.
Chap. ix. 31. Now we know that GOD HBARETH; not SINNERS : but if any Man be a WORSHIPPER of Go'd, and doth his Will, him he HEARETH. ..
Chap. xiv. 13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my Name, that will I Do, that the Father may be GLORIFIED in the Son.
ye Ihall ask any thing in my Name, I will
Chap. xv. 7. If ye Abide in me, and my WORDS
ABIDE ABIDE in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be DONE unto you. :
Chap. xvi. 23. Verily, verily I say unto you, Whatfoever
shall ask the Father in my Name, he will give it you. 24. Ask, and ye shall receive, that your Joy may
RECEIVE be full.
26. At that Day ye shall Ask in my Name : and I say not unto you, that I will PRAY the Father for you.
Afts X. 1. There was a certain Man called Cornelius, a Centurion of the Band called the Italian,
2. A devout Man, and one that FEARED GOD, with all his House, which gave much Alms to the People, and PRAYED to God alway.
30. And Cornelius said, Four Days ago I was FASTING until this Hour, and at the ninth Hour I PRAYED in my House, and behold, a Man stood before me in BRIGHT CLOTHING
31. And faid, Cornelius, thy PRAYER IS HEARD, and thine Alms are had in REMEMBRANCE in the Sight of GOD,
Chap. xii. 5. Peter was kept in Prison; but PRAYER was made without ceasing of the Church unto GOD for him
Chap. xvi. 13. And on the Sabbath we went out of the City by a River fide, where PRAYER was wont to be made.
Chap. xxi. 5. And we departed, and went our Way, with Wives and Children, till we were out of the City; and we KNEELED down on the Shore, and PRAYED.
Rom. viii. 26. The SPIRIT also helpeth our INFIRMITIES: for we know not what we should Pray for as we ought ;-but the SPIRIT itfelf maketh INTERCES, SION for us, with GROANINGS which cannot be uttered.
Chap. x. 12. There is no difference between the few and the Greek: for the fame LORD Over all, is RICH unto all that call upon him.
13. For whosoever fall Call upon the Name of the LORD, Thall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him, in whom they have not BELIEVED ?