« EelmineJätka »
Things continue as they were from Matt. xxv. 31. Luke xxi. 37.
the Beginning of the Creation.
7. But the Heavens and the Earth
which are now, by the same Word (M.] When the Son of are kept in store, reserved unto Man shall come in his Glo- Fire against the Day of Judg.
MENT, and PerdiTION OF un. ry, and all the holy Angels GODLY Men. with him, then shall he fit 8. But, beloved, be not ignorant upon the Throne of his Glo. of this one Thing, that one Day is
with the Lord as a thousand Years, ry. And before him shall and a thousand Years as one Day. be gathered ALL NATIONS, 9. The Lord is not Mack conand he shall separate them serning his PROMISE, (as some one from another, as a Shep- fuffering to us-ward, not willing
Men count Slackness) but is Long. herd divideth his Sheep from that any should perish, but that all the Goats. And he shall fet should come to Repentance. the Sheep on his right Hand, come as a Thiet in the Night ; in
10. But the Day of the Lord will
. but the Goats on the left, the which the Heavens thall pass Then shall the King say to away with a great Noise, and the them on his right Hand, Meat, the Earth also, and the Works Come, ye bleffed of my Fa. that are therein shall be burnt up. ther, inherit the KINGDOM 11. Seeing then that all these prepared for you from the Things shall be DISSOLVED, what Foundation of the World. in all holy Conversation and GodFor I was an hungry, and ye liness. gave me Meat : I was thir- 12. Looking for, and hasting un.
to the COMING of the Day of God, ity, and ye gave me Drink: wherein the Heavens being on I was a Stranger, and ye took Fire, shall be DISSOLVED, and the me in: Naked, and
Elements thall melt with fervenc clothye
Hear ? ed me: I was fick, and ye
Jude 6. And the ANGELS which visited me : I was in Prison, kept not their first Estate, but left and ye came unto me. Then their own Habitation, he hath reShall the Righteous an- Darkness, unto the JUDGMENT of
served in everlasting Chains under swer him, saying, Lord, the great Day. when faw we thee an hun- 14. And Enoch alsa, che seventh gred, and fed thee? or thir- from Adam prophesied of these, fty, and gave thee Drink? with ten thousands of his Saints, When faw we thee a Stran
cute JUDGMENT up
on all, and to convince all that ger, and took thee in ? or
are UNGODLY among them, of all naked, and clothed thee? or their ungodly Deeds which they when faw we thee fick, or have ungodly committed, and of all in Prison, and came unto Sinners have spoken against him.
their hard Speeches which ungodly thee ? And the KING Tall
Rev. vi. 12. And I beheld when answer, and say unto them, he had opened the sixth Seal, and Verily I say unto you, Inará lo there was a great Earthquake,
and the Sun became black as 'Sacke much as ye have done it
from me, ye
unto one of the LEAST of cloth of Hair, and the Moon bethefe MY BRETHREN, ye
came as Blood. have done it unto me. Then unto the Earth, even as a Fig Tree
13. And the Stars of Heaven fell shall he say also unto them cateth her untimely Figs, when on the left Hand, DEPART she is shaken of a mighty Wind:
14. And the Heaven departed a CURSED, into a Scrowl when it is rolled together; everlasting Fire, prepared for and every Mountain and Island were the Devil and his Angels. moved out of their Places; For I was an hungred, and ye and the great Men, and the rich
is. And the Kings ot the Earth, gave me no Meat : I was Men, and the chief Captains, and thirsty, and ye gave me no
the mighty Men, and every BondDrink: I was a Stranger, felves in the Dens, and in the Rocks
man, and every Free-man hid them. and
ye took me not in; nak- of the Mountains; ed, and
16. And said to the MOUNTAINS Sick and in Prison, and ye us from the Face of him that fit
and Rocks, Fall on us, and HIDE visited me not. Then shall tech upon the Throne, and from they also answer him, say- the WRATH of the LAMB: ing, Lord, when saw we chce 17. For the great Day of his
Wrath is come ; and who shall an hungred, or athirst, or a be able to STAND? Siranger, or naked, or fick, Chap. xi. 18. And the NATIONS or in Prison, and did not mi- were ANGRY, and thy WRATH S nifter unto thee? Then shall that they should be JUDGED,
come, and the Time of the DEAD he answer them, saying, Ve- that thou shouldst give Reward unrily I say unto you, Inaf- to thy Servants the PROPHETS, and much as you did it not to thy Name, small and great, and
to the Saints, and them that FEAR one of the least of these, ye fhouldft DESTROY them which do did it not to me.
And these stroy the Earth. fhall go away into everlast
See the Representation of the Final ing Punishment : but the Judgment, in the Harmony of the Righteous into Life Eternal. PSALMS.
See also the Conclusion of the Book of Deuteronomy, pag. 284, &c. in the Abstract of the Old Teftamen.
Their History for the Space of about
Thirty Years, and is concluded Seven Years before the Destruction of Jerusalem, and the total Subversion of the Jewish Common-wealth : St. Peter and St. Paul having suffered Martyrdom about 'Three Years before.
CHRIST preparing bis Apostles to the bebolding of his
Ascension, garberet b them togetber into the Mount of
promiserb after few
Days to send it : by Virtue whereof, they should be Witnesses unto him, even to the utmost Parts of the Earth. After his Ascension, they are warned by two Angels to depart, and to set their Minds upon bis Second Coming. 12. They accordingly return, and gioing themselves to Prayer, choose Matthias Apostle in the place of Judas.
HE former Treatife have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach.
2. Until the Day in which he was ta
ken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost, had given Commandments unto the APOSTLES whom he had chosen.
3. To whom also he fewed himself ALIVE after his Passion, by many infallible Proofs, being feen of them forty Days, and speaking of the Things pertaining to the Kingdom of GOD:
4. And being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the PROMISE of the Father, which, faith he, ye have heard of me.
5. For John truly baptized with Water, but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many Days hence.
6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this Time restore again the Kingdom to Ifrael ?
7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the Times or the Seasons, which the Father hath put in his own Power.
8. But ye shall receive POWER after that the HOLY Ghost is come upon you : and ye shall be Witnesses unto me, both in ferusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermoft Part of the Earth.
2. And when he had spoken these Things, while they beheld, he was TAKEN up, and a Cloud received him out of their Sight.
10. And while they looked stedfastly toward Heaven, as he went up, behold, two Men stood' by them in white Apparel,
11. Which also said, Ye Men of Galilee, why ftand ye G42NG up into Heaven? This same Jesus, which is ta
ken up from you into Heaven, fhall so come, in like manner as ye have seen him go into Heaven.
12. Then returned they unto Jerusalem, from the Mount called Oliver, which is from Jerusalem a Sabbathday's Journey
13. And when they were come in, they went up into an upper Room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the Son of Alpheus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the Brother of James.
14. These all continued with one accord in Prayer and Supplication, with the Women, and Mary the Mother of Jefus, and with his Brethren.
15. And in those Days, Peter stood up in the Midft of the Disciples, and said, (The number of the Names tog ther were about an kundred and twenty.)
16. Men and Brethren, this SCRIPTURE must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Gbost by the Mouth of David fpake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Fesus.
17. For he was num bred with us, and had obtained Part of this Ministry.
18. Now this Man purchased a Field with the Reward of INIQUITY, and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the Midst, and all his Bowels gushed out.
19. And it was known unto all the Dwellers at Jerufalem, infomuch as that Field is called in their proper Tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The Field of Blood.
20. For it is written in the Book of Psalms, Let his Ha. bitation be defolate, and let no Man dwell therein : And his Bishoprick let another take.
21. Wherefore of these Men which have companied with us all the Time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22. Beginning from the Baptism of John, unto that same Day that he was taken up from us, mutt one be ORDAINED to be a Witness with us of his Resurrection.
23. And they appointed two, Foseph called Barsabas, who was firnamed Juftus, and Matthias.
24. And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the Hearts of all Men, shew whether of these two thou haft chofen.
25. That he may take part of this Ministry and Apoflelhip, from which Judas by Tranfgresion "fell
, that he might go to bis own Place,