« EelmineJätka »
and Salome, had bought fweet Spices, that they might come and anoint him. [M] In the End of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn towards the first Day of the Week, came Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, to fee the Sepulchre [Mr.] And very early in the Morning, the FIRST Day of the WEEK, they come unto the Sepulchre at the Rifing of the Sun, [L.] bringing the Spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. [M.] And behold, there was a great EARTHQUAKE; for The ANGEL of the Lord defcended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the Stone from the Door, and fat upon it. His COUNTENANCE was like LIGHTand his Raiment NING, white as Snow. And for FEAR of him, the Keepers did fhake, and became as dead Men.
CHRIST'S Refurrection is firft manifefted to the Women, by the Teftimony of Angels.
[Mr.] AND they faid among themfelves, Who fhall roll us away the Stone from the Door of the Sepulchre? for it was very great. And when they look ed,
Ifai. xxvi. 19. Thy dead Men fhall LIVE, together with thy dead Body fhall they ARISE: Awake and fing, ye that DWELL in DUST; for thy Dew is as the Dew of Herbs, and the Earth fhall caft out the DEAD.
Chap. Ix. 3. And the Gentiles fhall come to thy LIGHT, and KINGS to the Brightnefs of thy RISING.
Hof. xiii. 14. I will ranfom them from the Power of the Grave: I
will redeem them from Death: O Death, 1 will be thy Plagues; Grave, I will be thy Destruction.
Mal. iv. 2. But unto you that fear my Name, fhall the Sun of RIGHTEOUSNESS arife, with Healing in his Wings.
John x. 17. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my Life, that I might TAKE it
18. No Man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of my felf: I have Power to lay it down, and I have POWER to TAKE it AGAIN.
ed, they faw that the Stone This Commandment have I receivwas rolled away. [L.] And ed of my Father.
As . 24. Whom God hath RAISED up, having LOOSED the PAINS of Death: because it was not poffible that he should be HOL
DEN of it.
they found the Stone rolled away from the Sepulchre: and they entred in, and found not the Body of the Lord Jesus.  And Mary Magdalene feeth the Stone taken away from the Sepulchre. [L.] And it came to pafs, as they were much plexed thereabout, behold, two Men ftood by them in SHINING GARMENTS. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their Faces to the Earth, they faid unto them, Why feek ye the LIVING among the DEAD? He is not here, but is RISEN: Remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, faying, The Son of Man must be delivered into the Hands of finful Men, and be crucified, and the third Day rife again. And they remembred his Words, and returned from the Sepulchre, and told all these Things unto the Eleven, and to all the reft. It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the Mother of James, and other Women that were with them, which told thefe Things to the Apostles. And their Words feemed to them as idle Tales, and they believed them not.
31. He (David) seeing this before, fpake of the RESURREC TION of Chrift, that his SOUL was not left in Hell, neither his FLESH did fee CORRUPTION.
32. This Jefus hath God RAISed up, whereof we all are Witnelles.
Chap. iv. 10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the People of Ifrael, that by the Name of Jefus Chrift of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God RAISED from the Dead, even by him doth this Man ftand here before you whole.
Chap. iii. 26. Unto you firit, God having raifed up his Son Jesus, fent him to bless you; in turning away every one of you from his Iniquities.
Chap. v. 30. The God of our Fathers railed up Jfus, whom ye fiew, and hanged on a Tree. with his right Hand, to be a Prince and a Saviour, to give Repentance to Ifrael, and Forgiveness of Sins.
31. Him hath God EXALTED
Chap. x. 40. Him God RAISED up the third Day, and fhewed him openly.
41. Not to all the People, but unto Witnefles chosen betore of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the DEAD.
Chap. xvii. 31. And hath appointed a Day in the which he will judge the World in Righteousness, by that Man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given Affurance unto all Men, in that he hath raif
ed him from the Dead.
Rom. i. 3. Concerning his Son Jefus Chrift our Lord, which was made of the Seed of David according to the Flesh,
4. And declared to be the Son of God with Power, according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the RefurrecPeter tion from the Dead."
Chap. iv. 23. Now it was not written for his fake alone, that it
Peter and John run to the was imputed to him;
24. But for us alfo, to whom it fhall be imputed, if we BELIEVE on him that RAISED up Jefus our Lord from the Dead,
ND Mary MagdaZene cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other Difciple whom Jefus loved, and faith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the Sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him. Peter therefore went forth, and that other Difciple, and came to the Sepulchre. So they ran both together, and the other Difciple did out-run Peter, and came first to the Sepulchre. And he ftooping down, and looking in, faw the linen Clothes lying, yet went he not in. Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the Sepulchre, and feeth the linen Clothes lie, and the Napkin that was about his Head, not lying with the linen Clothes, but wrapped together in a Place by itfelf. Then went in alfo that other Disciple, which came first to the Sepulchre, and he saw, and BELIEVED. For as yet they knew not the Scripture, that he must RISE again from the Dead. Then the Difciples went away again unto their own
25. Who was delivered for our Offences, and was RAISED again for our Juftification.
ried with him by Baptifm into Chap. vi. 4. Therefore we are buDeath: that like as Chrift was RAISof the Father, even fo we allo ED up from the Dead by the Glory fhould walk in newness of Life.
5. For if we have been planted Death: we fhall be alfo in the Like. together in the Likeness of his nefs of his RESURRECTION.
9. Knowing that Chrift being RAISED from the Dead, dieth no nion over him. more ; Death hath no more Domi
the Dead dwell in you; he that Chap. viii. 11. But if the Spirit of him that raifed up Jefus from RAISED Up Chrift from the Dead, fhall alfo quicken your mortal Bodies, by his Spirit that dwelleth in
to you first of all, that which I also
4. And that he was buried, and
phas, then of the Twelve.
6. After that, he was feen of a-
James; then of all the APOSTLES.
me alfo, as of one born out of duc
poftles, that am not meet to be cal-
11. Therefore whether it were I
CHRIST'S or they, fo we preach, and fo ye
CHRIST's first Apparition after he was Dead to Mary Magdalen.
BUT Mary food with-
12. Now if Chrift be preached that he ROSE from the Dead, how
fay fome among you, That there is Refurrection of the Dead?
13. But if there be no RESURRECTION of the Dead, then is Chrift not rifen.
14. And if Chrift be not RISEN,
then is our preaching VAIN, and
15. Yea, and we are found falfe
wineffes of God; because we have teftified of God, that he railed up Chrift: whom he raised not up, if fo be that the Dead RISE not.
16. For if the Dead rife not, then
Chrift not raised:
17. And if Chrift be not RAISED, your FAITH IS VAIN, ye are yet in your SINS.
18. Then they alfo which are fallen afleep in Chrift, are perished.
20. But now is Chrif RISEN from the Dead, and become the
Firft-fruits of them that lept.
21. For fince by Man came Death, by Man came alio the Refurrection of the DEAD
22. For as in Adam all die, even fo in Chrift fhall all be made alive.
51. Behold, I fhew you a MrsTERY; we fhall not all fleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a Moment, in the twinkling of an Eye, at the last Trump (for the Trumpet fhall found) and ruptible, and we shall be changed.
the DEAD fhall be RAISED incor
53. For this corruptible mut put on INCORRUPTION, and this mortal muft put on IMMORTALITY.
54. So when this corruptible shall have put on Incorruption, and this mortal fhall have put on Immortality, then fhall be brought to pas the Saying that is written, DEATH is fwallowed up in VICTORY.
55. O. DEATH, where is thy STING O Grave, where is thy Victory?
56. The STING of Death is SIN; and the Strength of Sin is the Law.
57. But Thanks be to God which giveth us the VICTORY, through our Lord Jefus Chrift.
2 Cor iv. 14. Knowing, that he which RAISED up the Lord Jesus, thall RAISE Us up alfo by Jefa, and shall present us with you.
Chap. v. 14. For the Love of
Chrift constraineth us, because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15. And that he died for all, that they which LIVE, fhould not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and ROSE again.
Ephef. i. 15. Wherefore I alfo, after I heard of your Faith in the Lord Fef, and Love unto all the Saints,
16. Ceafe not to give Thanks for you, making mention of you in my Prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jefus Christ, the Father of Glory,may give unto you the Spirit of WISDOM, and Revelation in theKnowledge of him:
18. The Eyes of your Understanding being enlightned; that ye may know what is the Hope of his CALLING, and what the RICHEs of the GLORY of his Inheritance
in the SAINTS,
19. And what is the exceeding Greatness of his Power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his MIGHTY POWER.
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he RAISED him from the Dead, and fet him at his own right ND the Women Hand in the heavenly Places, 21. Far ABOVE all PRINCIPALITY, and POWER, and Might,
and DOMINION, and every NAME that is named, not only in this World, but alfo in that which is to come.
22. And hath put all Things under his Feet, and gave him to be the Head over all Things to the Church,
23. Which is his BODY, the Fulnels of him that filleth all in all.
Chap. ii. 4. But God, who is rich in Mercy, for his great Love loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in SINS, hath QUICKNED us together with Chrift (by Grace ye are faved)
Now when Jefus was rifen, early the firft Day of the Week, he appeared firft to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had caft SEVEN DEVILS. And fhe  Mary Magdalene came and told [Mr.] the [F] Difciples, Mr.] that had been with him, as they mourned and wept,  that she had seen the LORD, and that he had fpoken thefe Things unto her. [Mr.] And they, when they had heard that he was ALIVE, and had been seen of her, BELIEVED NOT.
The Speech of the Angel to the Women returning to the Sepulchre.
[Mr.] Antring into the Sepulchre, they faw a young Man fitting on the right Side, cloathed in a long white Garment, and they were affrighted. [M] And the ANGEL answered and faid [Mr.] unto them, Be not affrighted: [M] FEAR not ye: for I know that ye SEEK Fefus [Mr.] of Nazareth, which was crucified. [M] He is not here: for he is RISEN, as he said: Come, fee the Place where the Lord lay. [Mr.] Behold the Place where they laid him. But ge your way, [M] and go quick
6. And hath RAISED us up to
gether, and made us fit together in heavenly Places in Chrift Fefus.
Phil. iii. 10. That I may KNOW him, and the POWER of his Refur
rection, and the Fellowship of his