« EelmineJätka »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
7 GEORGE IV. 1826.
Printed by His Majesty's Statute and Law Printers;
And sold by J. BUTTERWORTH and SON, Law Booksellers,
(Price 20s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the SEVENTH Session of the SEVENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
7 GEORGE IV.
PUBLICK GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act for granting and applying certain Sums of Money for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty six.
2. An Act for raising the Sum of Ten Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty six.
3. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively.
Ibid. 4. An Act to amend an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for making Provision for the Salaries of certain Bishops, and other Ecclesiastical Dignitaries and Ministers in the Diocese of Jamaica, and in the Diocese of Barbadoes and the Leeward Islands, and for enabling His Majesty to grant Annuities to such Bishops upon the Resignation of their Offices. Ibid. 5. An Act to give effect to Treaties of Commerce with Countries in America not at present provided with National Merchant Shipping.
6. An Act (to limit, and after a certain Period to prohibit, the issuing of Promissory Notes under a limited Sum in England. 4
7. An Act to facilitate the advancing of Money by the Governor and Company of the Bank of England upon Deposits or Pledges. 7 8. An Act to amend so much of an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for regulating the Qualification and the Manner of enrolling Jurors in Scotland, and of choosing Jurors in Criminal Trials there, and to unite Counties for the Purposes of Trial
in Cases of High Treason in Scotland, as relates to the Qualification of Special Jurors.
Page 8 9. An Act to provide for the more effectual Punishment of certain Offences in Ireland, by Imprisonment with Hard Labour. 10 10. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
11. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore.
12. An Act for exonerating a certain Estate called Maes Llemystin, situate in the Parish of Llangadfan in the County of Montgomery, belonging to Charles Dallas Esquire, from the Claims of the Crown.
13. An Act to alter and amend an Act passed in the Fifty fourth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, for vesting in His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, for ever, Part of the Ground and Buildings now belonging to the Society of King's Inns, Dublin, for erecting thereon a Repository for Public Records in Ireland.
19 14. An Act for the further Amendment of an Act of the First and Second Years of His present Majesty, for the Establishment of Asylums for the Lunatic Poor in Ireland.
20 15. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Seventh and Eighth Year of the Reign of King William the Third, for the more easy Recovery of Small Tithes.
16. An Act to consolidate and amend several Acts relating to the Royal Hospitals for Soldiers at Chelsea and Kilmainham. 23 17. An Act for remedying Inconveniences in the Administration of Justice, arising from the present Vacancy of the See of Durham, and for preventing the like in future.
18. An Act to authorize the Disposal of unnecessary Prisons in England.
19. An Act to repeal Two Acts of the Parliament of Scotland, relative to Assault and Battery pendente Lite.
20. An Act to continue an Act of the First and Second Years of His present Majesty, for granting for the Term of Five Years additional Stamp Duties on certain Proceedings in the Courts of Law in Ireland.
21. An Act for the better regulating Proceedings on Writs of Mandamus in Ireland. Ibid. 22. An Act to enable Persons to continue their Compositions for Assessed Taxes for further Periods, and for allowing Persons who have not compounded to enter into Composition for a limited Term.
23. An Act to repeal the Duties and Drawbacks of Excise upon tawed Kid Skins, Sheep Skins and Lamb Skins. 24. An Act for fixing, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven, the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Inkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers.
25. An Act to continue, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty eight, an Act for preventing private Distillation in Scotland. Ibid. 26. An Act for continuing to His Majesty for One Year certain Duties on Personal Estates, Offices and Pensions in England,
for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty six.
Page 60 27. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing and contingent and other Expences of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; and to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Quarter Masters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons Mates and Serjeant Majors of Militia, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven.
61 28. An Act for exonerating certain Estates called Corsica Hall, Alfriston, Maff Alfriston otherwise Maffe Alfryshton and Dean Place, in the County of Sussex, belonging to John Henry Tilson Esquire, from the Claims of the Crown.
29. An Act to amend the Law of Ireland respecting the Assignment and Subletting of Lands and Tenements. 30. An Act to amend the several Acts for authorizing Advances for carrying on Public Works, and to extend the Provisions thereof in certain Cases.
31. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Fifty second Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, so far as the same relates to the Retired Allowances of Quarter Masters of Cavalry and Infantry.
80 32. An Act to amend an Act for suppressing or regulating certain Offices therein mentioned, so far as relates to the Board of Trade.
Ibid. 33. An Act to make further Regulations relating to the Licensing of Stage Coaches.
34. An Act to amend an Act of the Fifth Year of His present Majesty, for amending the several Acts for the Encouragement and Improvement of the British and Irish Fisheries. 35. An Act to enable incapacitated Persons to convey to the Commissioners and Governors of the Royal Hospital for Seamen at Greenwich, in the County of Kent, certain Premises situate in the Parish of Greenwich in the said County, and for other Purposes relating thereto.
93 36. An Act to regulate the Service of the Process of the several Courts for the Recovery of Small Debts by Civil Bill in Ireland.
37. An Act to regulate the Appointment of Juries in the East Indies.
38. An Act to enable Commissioners for trying Offences upon the Sea, and Justices of the Peace, to take Examinations touching such Offences, and to commit to safe Custody Persons charged therewith.
39. An Act for funding Eight Millions of Exchequer Bills. 40. An Act to authorize the Lords Commissioners of His Majesty's Treasury to advance Money out of the Consolidated Fund towards the Expences of rebuilding London Bridge. 111 41. An Act to amend the Laws for the Recovery of Small Debts, and the Proceedings for that Purpose, in the Manor Courts in Ireland.
42. An Act to amend the Laws in force in Ireland for preventing the vexatious Impounding of Cattle for Trespass or Damage feasant.
117 43. An