« EelmineJätka »
26. How may an Agent be appointed?
27. What are the rights and duties of an Agent?
28. What remedies has the Principal where the Agent has accepted a bribe ?
29. In what cases is an Agent personally liable? Deal particularly with negotiable instruments and deeds.
30. In what ways may an Agency be terminated?
31. Define a mercantile agent. What are his powers?
Discuss the agency of a wife.
CHAPTER 3.-NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
33. Define a negotiable instrument.
34. What does negotiability imply?
35. Define a Bill of Exchange. Is a Bill of Exchange payable by instalments valid?
What are the essentials of a Bill of Exchange ?
37. Explain what is meant by a bill payable to order and a bill payable to bearer.
38. Explain and discuss Days of Grace.
Is an infant liable on a Bill of Exchange? What was the
What is the liability of the acceptor of a Bill of Exchange?
How can a Bill of Exchange be discharged?
43. What is known as the rule in ex parte Waring?
Define a Cheque. What is the effect of taking a "stale" cheque ?
45. Give the rules as to crossed cheques, and state the effects of the Crossed Cheques Act, 1906.
46. How is a banker's authority to pay a cheque terminated?
47. Define a Bank Note, and state what you know of these docu
CHAPTER 4.-SALE OF GOODS.
48. What is included under the term goods?
49. What is the position where the seller delivers a quantity of goods more or less than he has contracted to sell?
50. When does the "property" in goods pass to the buyer? 51. State the provisions of Section 4 of the Sale of Goods Act, 1893, defining carefully all terms that are used in a special sense. 52. Distinguish between Conditions and Warranties. What warranties are implied on a sale of goods, and what conditions are implied?
53. What are the exceptions to the rule Nemo dat quod non habet? 54. Discuss sales in Market overt.
55. What are the rights of an unpaid seller against the goods forming the subject of the contract? How are these rights defeated? Deal thoroughly with the transit, showing what rules would assist in deciding its beginning and end.
CHAPTER 5.-LAW OF PARTNERSHIP.
56. Define Partnership. Is a Limited Liability Company a partnership within the meaning of the Partnership Act, 1890 ?
57. State the various kinds of partners.
58. What are the provisions of the Registration of Business Names Act, 1916 ?
59. In what ways may a partnership be terminated? Where there are separate creditors of each partner, and joint creditors of the firm, discuss the question of the distribution of
60. Discuss fully the authority of a partner.
61. What is the liability, and what are the rights, of a partner? 62. What are the provisions of the Limited Partnerships Act, 1907 ?
63. What is a Mortgage?
64. What are the remedies of the Mortgagee on the default of the Mortgagor ?
Where the equities are equal the law shall prevail." Discuss this maxim in relation to mortgages.
66. What are the requisites of (a) an Absolute, and (b) a Conditional Bill of Sale? What is the effect of non-compliance with the Acts ?
67. Define fully the term pawn.
68. State the principal provisions of the Pawnbrokers Act, 1872. 69. Define Lien, and state the various kinds subsisting. Does a lien confer a power of sale?
70. What is the necessary procedure to be adopted before a British ship may be registered?
71. State the provisions of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1894, as to ownership of a ship.
What papers are carried by a British ship?
What are the duties and powers of the Master of a ship?
74. Discuss General Average. Explain the York-Antwerp Rules. 75. Differentiate between a Bottomry Bond and a Respondentia Bond. Give the rules in relation to each.
76. Discuss the question of Salvage. Is salvage payable for saving the passengers from a wreck ?
Is a contract of insurance a contract of indemnity? Give
Discuss the doctrine of Subrogation.
79. What is Insurable Interest? When must it exist in Fire, Life, and Marine insurance respectively?
What is meant when it is stated that contracts of Insurance are contracts uberrimæ fidei?
If a person whose life is insured commits suicide, is the policy void ?
What is the contribution clause in a Fire Insurance policy? 83. What warranties are implied in a Marine Insurance policy? What is the effect on such a policy of (a) a breach of warranty
and (b) a breach of a representation? What is the difference between a warranty in Marine Insurance and a warranty under the Sale of Goods Act, 1893.
84. What is the suing and labouring clause in a Marine Insurance policy?
CHAPTER 9.-CARRIAGE AND AFFREIGHTMENT.
85. Define a Common Carrier. Are railway companies common carriers ?
86. Discuss the liability of a common carrier.
87. To what extent are railway companies liable as insurers of passengers?
88. What are the powers and duties of a common carrier?
89. What is meant by the term equality clauses in connection with carriage by railway?
90. Define (a) Charter Party, (b) Bill of Lading. What is meant by the cesser clause?
91. What do you understand by freight? Explain the terms Advance Freight, Dead Freight, Lump-sum Freight, and Freight pro rata.
CHAPTER 10.-SURETYSHIP AND GUARANTEE.
92. What is a contract of suretyship? Are there any exceptions to the rule that the person for whom the surety is answerable must be under a legal obligation?
93. State the provisions of the Statute of Frauds in relation to guarantees. What tests would you apply to decide whether or not a contract was one of guarantee?
94. What is a continuing guarantee? Give an example.
95. What are the rights of a surety who has been called upon pay?
96. State fully how a surety can be discharged.
97. What are the provisions of Lord Tenterden's Act as to repre
sentations concerning the credit of another?
98. Explain fully a Fidelity Guarantee.
CHAPTER 11.-STOCK EXCHANGE.
99. Differentiate between jobbers and brokers.
100. Discuss the agency of a stockbroker.
101. What is the difference between Gambling and Speculation? 102. What is meant by the Settlement on the Stock Exchange? 103. Define a security, Inscribed stock, and Bonds.
104. Discuss transfers of securities.
105. What are Options, and how are they taken up or met?
CHAPTER 12.-PATENTS, TRADE MARKS, AND COPYRIGHT.
106. What can and what cannot be the subject of the grant of a patent?
107. To whom may a patent be granted?
108. Describe the procedure on obtaining a patent.
109. What are the rights of a patentee? When do they cease? 110. What are the essentials of a registrable trade mark?
111. Define Copyright, and state in whom the ownership of copyright vests.
112. Define the term Infringement of Copyright. What are the remedies open to the owner of the copyright? the same in all classes of original work?
CHAPTER 13.-LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES.
What is contained in the Memorandum of Association of a company? Give a complete list of the ways in which it may be altered.
114. What are Articles of Association? Is it necessary for a company to file Articles ?
115. What is a promoter? State his liabilities.
116. What remedies are available against Promoters or Directors for misrepresentation in a prospectus ?
117. Discuss the question of the Underwriting of shares, paying particular attention to the payment of commission.
118. What are the rules to be observed as to Allotments of Shares?