« EelmineJätka »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
4 & 5 VICTORIA and 5 VICTORIA,
Printed by Her Majesty's Printers ;
(Price 11s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
The FOURTH Session of the THIRTEENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
4o & 5° VICTORIÆ.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to settle an Annuity on Lord Keane, and the Two next surviving Heirs Male of the Body of the said Lord Keane to whom the Title of Lord Keane shall descend, in consideration of his great and brilliant Services.
2. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
3. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on shore.
4. An Act to apply the Sum of Eight Millions out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty-one.
5. An Act to facilitate the Recovery of Arrears of Tithe Compositions in Ireland vested in Her Majesty under the Provisions of an Act of the First and Second Years of Her present Majesty, for abolishing Compositions for Tithes in Ireland, and for substituting Rent-charges in lieu thereof.
Ibid. 6. An Act to continue, until the Fourth Day of August One thousand eight hundred and forty-two, and to the End of the next Session of Parliament, the several Acts for regulating Turnpike Roads in Ireland which will expire at or before the End of the present Session of Parliament, or at or before the End of the Session of Parliament next after the Fourth Day of August One thousand eight hundred and forty-one; and to amend the Acts for regulating Turnpike Roads in Ireland,
7. An Act to amend the Acts of the last Session for taking Account of the Population.
8. An Act to reduce the Duty on Rum and Rum Shrub the Produce of and imported from certain British Possessions in the East Indies into the United Kingdom.
9. An Act for removing Doubts as to the Continuance of certain Local Turnpike Acts. 25
10. An Act for extending to the County of the City of Dublin the Provisions of an Act passed in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Years of His late Majesty King George the Third, in Ireland, intituled An Act to prevent the detestable Practices of houghing Cattle, burning of Houses, Barns, Haggards, and Corn, and for other Purposes, so far as relates to burning of Houses. 26 11. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and to extend the Time limited for those Purposes respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and forty-two; and for the Relief of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors in certain Cases.
27 12. An Act to enable Her Majesty's Commissioners of Woods to make a new Street from Coventry Street, Piccadilly, to Long Acre, and for other Improvements in the Metropolis.
Ibid. 13. An Act to authorize the Advance of a Sum of Money out of the Consolidated Fund on account of the Colony of South Australia. 80 14. An Act to make good certain Contracts which have been or may be entered into by certain Banking and other Copartnerships.
Ibid. 15. An Act for the Erection at Edinburgh of a Monument to the late Sir Walter Scott.
82 16. An Act to enable the Commissioners of Wide Streets to sell, and Her Majesty to purchase, certain Hereditaments in the City of Dublin on the North Bank of the River Anna Liffey.
84 17. An Act to abolish Arrest in personal Actions commenced by Process of Subpoena at the Law Side of the Court of Exchequer in Ireland.
18. An Act to make further Provision for facilitating and completing the Distribution and Payment of Compensation_for Slaves upon the Abolition of Slavery.
Ibid. 19. An Act for raising the Sum of Eleven Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty-one. 96 20. An Act to alter and amend certain Laws relating to the Collection and Management of the Duties of Excise. Ibid. 21. An Act for rendering a Release as effectual for the Conveyance of Freehold Estates as a Lease and Release by the same Parties.
22. An Act to remove Doubts as to the Liability of Lords and Peers of Parliament to Punishment in certain Cases of Felony.
23. An Act to suspend until the Thirty-first Day of August One thousand eight hundred and forty-two the making of Lists and the Ballots and Enrolments for the Militia of the United Kingdom.
24. An Act to amend an Act to grant certain Powers to Heirs of Entail in Scotland, and to authorize the Sale of Entailed Lands for the Payment of certain Debts affecting the same.
Page 112 25. An Act to amend and continue for One Year, and to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, the several Acts relating to the Importation and keeping of Arms and Gunpowder in Ireland.
26. An Act to continue Compositions for Assessed Taxes until the Fifth Day of April One thousand eight hundred and forty-three.
27. An Act to enable Her Majesty's Commissioners of Woods to complete the Contract for the Sale of York House, and to purchase certain Lands for a Royal Park. 116 28. An Act to prevent Plaintiffs in certain frivolous Actions from obtaining their full Costs of Suit. 128
29. An Act for granting to Her Majesty, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and forty-two, certain Duties on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and forty-one. 129 30. An Act to authorize and facilitate the Completion of a Survey of Great Britain, Berwick upon Tweed, and the Isle of Man. Ibid. 31. An Act to provide for the Surrender of Premises formerly used for Court Houses, but no longer used for that Purpose, in Ireland. 138 32. An Act to amend an Act to extend the Practice of Vaccination. 140 33. An Act to amend the Acts for regulating Turnpike Roads in England, so far as they relate to certain Exemptions from Toll.
34. An Act to explain and amend an Act of the Fifth Year of King George the Fourth, for repealing certain Duties on Law Proceedings in the Courts in Great Britain and Ireland respectively, and for better protecting the Duties payable upon stamped Vellum, Parchment, or Paper.
Ibid. 35. An Act for the Commutation of certain Manorial Rights in respect of Lands of Copyhold and Customary Tenure, and in respect of other Lands subject to such Rights, and for facilitating the Enfranchisement of such Lands, and for the Improvement of such Tenure.
36. An Act to amend an Act of the Fifth and Sixth Years of King William the Fourth, "for the more easy Recovery of Tithes; and to take away the Jurisdiction from the Ecclesiastical Courts in all Matters relating to Tithes of a certain Amount. 37. An Act for the more easy Recovery of Arrears of Compositions for Tithes from Persons of the Persuasion of the People called Quakers, in Ireland.
38. An Act to afford further Facilities for the Conveyance and Endowment of Sites for Schools. 185
39. An Act to explain and amend Two several Acts relating to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners for England. 194 40. An Act to empower the Commissioners of Her Majesty's Woods to raise Money for certain Improvements in the Metro