« EelmineJätka »
respectively be of full Force and Effect with respect to the said Duties by this Act granted respectively, so far as the same are or shall be applicable, in all Cases not hereby expressly provided for, and shall be observed, applied, allowed, enforced, and put in execution for and in the raising, levying, collecting, and securing of the said last-mentioned Duties respectively, and otherwise in relation thereto, so far as the same shall not be superseded by and shall be consistent with the express Provisions of this Act, as fully and effectually to all Intents and Purposes as if the same had been herein repeated and specially enacted, mutatis mutandis, with reference to the Duties by this Act granted respectively.
5. All Licences to Hawkers, Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen Expiration under this Act, where the same shall be respectively granted
granted under for any Period exceeding Six Months, shall continue in force this Act, to until and upon the Thirty-first Day of July next following the Hawkers, Date thereof, and no longer; and where they shall be granted Pedlars, &c. for any Period not exceeding Six Months they shall continue in force until and upon the Thirty-first Day of January or the Thirty-first Day of July, as the Case may be, next following the Date thereof, and no longer.
6. Any Licence to a Hawker, Pedlar, and Petty Chapman A Licence may under this Act may be granted by any authorized Officer of be granted to a Inland Revenue upon the Person applying for it producing Certificate of a either such Certificate as is now by Law required before Justice or an receiving a Hawker's Licence, or a Certificate under the Hand Officer of of a Justice of the Peace for the County or Place, or any Superintendent or Inspector of Police of or for the District in which the Officer shall reside, that the Applicant for such Licence under this Act is a proper Person to be so licensed.
7. Provided always, That nothing herein contained shall in Not to affect any way affect the Licences by Law required to be taken out the Licences to
Hawkers, &c. by Hawkers, Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen travelling or trading trading otherin any other Manner than as in the Schedule to this Act is wise than as mentioned, or the Duties thereon, nor, save
as herein is herein men
tioned, nor the expressly enacted, any of the Powers, Provisions, Clauses, Provisions of Regulations, Directions, Fines, Forfeitures, Pains, and Penalties the Act in contained in any Act of Parliament in force relating to Hawkers, force. Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen, or to Stamp Duties.
8. · And whereas Persons licensed under the Laws of Excise Licensed Hawto sell Tea and Coffee are restricted in the Sale thereof to kers, &c. may « Premises of which Entry is required to be made with the Tea and Coffee • Officers of Excise; and it is expedient to allow such licensed under an Ex• Persons who shall also be duly licensed under the Acts in cise Licence.
force relating to Hawkers, Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen in • Great Britain to carry and expose for Sale and sell Tea or • Coffee in the Course of their Trading as such Licensed · Hawkers, Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen:' Be it enacted, That no Person who shall be duly licensed under the Laws of Excise to sell Tea or Coffee, and also duly licensed as a Hawker, Pedlar, and Petty Chapman, shall be subject to any [No. 15. Price 2d.] P
carry and seli
Goods at other
Penalty or Forfeiture for selling Tea or Coffee elsewhere than on such entered Premises as aforesaid, by reason or on account of his selling Tea or Coffee in the regular Course of his Trading as such Hawker, Pedlar, or Petty Chapman, duly licensed as aforesaid, anything in any Act relating to the Excise to the
contrary notwithstanding. Persons seek- 9. Persons going from Town to Town or to other Men's ing Orders for Houses carrying to sell or exposing to Sale any Goods, Wares, Men's Houses
or Merchandise, or carrying and exposing Samples or Patterns to be deemed of any Goods, Wares, or Merchandise to be afterwards delivered, Hawkers shall be deemed to be and shall be trading Persons within the
Meaning of this Act, and of the Acts now in force relating to Hawkers, Pedlars, and Petty Chapmen, and shall be subject and liable to all the Duties, Provisions, Regulations, Pains, and Penalties in and by the said Acts imposed or contained, as if the same were herein repeated and re-enacted with reference to the Persons and Matters and Things aforesaid : Provided that nothing herein contained shall extend to subject Commercial Travellers or other Persons to the Duties and Provisions of the said Acts by reason merely of their selling or seeking Orders for Goods, Wares, or Merchandise to or from Persons who are Dealers therein, and who buy to sell again, nor to Persons licensed by the Excise to deal in Spirits, Wine, or Beer, or to the Agents of such last-mentioned Persons, nor to Persons who are the real Workers or Makers of
Goods or Wares, or the Servants of such Persons seeking Orders for
any of such Goods or Wares. Who shall be 10. Every Person who, as an Agent for any other Person, deemed House shall, for or in expectation of Fee, Gain, or Reward of any Agents, and require to be
Kind, advertise for Sale or for Letting any furnished House licensed as or Part of any furnished House, or who shall by any Public such. Notice or Advertisement, or by any Inscription in or upon
any House, Shop, or Place used or occupied by him, or by any other Ways or Means, hold himself out to the Public as an Agent for selling or letting furnished Houses, and who shall let or sell, or agree to let or sell, or make or offer or receive any Proposal, or in any way negotiate for the selling or letting of any furnished House or Part of any furnished House, shall be deemed to be a Person using and exercising the Business, Occupation, and Calling of a House Agent within the Meaning of this Act and the Schedule (B.) hereto, and shall be licensed accordingly : Provided that no Person shall be deemed to be such House Agent by reason of his letting, or agreeing or offering to let, or in any way negotiating for the letting, of any House not exceeding the annual Rent or Value of Twenty. five Pounds: Provided also, that any Story or Flat rated and let as a separate Tenement shall be considered to be a House
for the Purposes of this Enactment. By whom
11. The Commissioners of Inland Revenue, and any PerLicences to son authorized by them, shall, after the Fifth Day of July One House Agents thousand eight hundred and sixty-one, grant Licence to any
Person who shall apply for the same to use and exercise the granted, and Business, Occupation, and Calling of a House Agent, which the Date and Licence shall also authorize the Person to whom it is granted thereof. to use and exercise the Calling or Occupation of an Appraiser; and any such Licence issued between the Fifth Day of July and the Fifth Day of August in any Year shall be dated on the Sixth Day of July, and any such Licence issued at any other Time shall bear the Date of the Day on which the same shall be issued, and every such Licence shall continue in force from the Day of the Date thereof until and upon the Fifth Day of July then next following and no longer.
12. Every person who shall use or exercise the Business, Penalty on Occupation, or Calling of a House Agent, without having a
acting without Licence in force under this Act so to do, shall forfeit the Sum a Licence. of Twenty Pounds.
13. Provided always, That this Act shall not extend to Exceptions. require any Agent employed in the Management of Landed Estates, or any Attorney, Solicitor, Proctor, Writer to the Signet, Agent or Procurator admitted in any Court of Law, or any Conveyancer, who shall as such have taken out his annual Certificate, or any Auctioneer or Appraiser having in force a Licence as such, to take out a Licence under this Act as a House Agent.
14. The Stamp Duty on a Lease or Tack of a furnished The Stamp on Dwelling House for a Term or Period of Time less than a Year, or on an Agreement, or a Minute or Memorandum of House may an Agreement, containing the Terms and Conditions on which adhesive ; any such House is let, held, or occupied for any such Term or same to be
cancelled. Period of Time, whatever may be the Amount of Rent reserved or made payable, and any Counterpart or Duplicate thereof, may be denoted by an adhesive Stamp affixed thereto, to be provided by the Commissioners of Inland Revenue for that Purpose ; and where any such adhesive Stamp shall be used, every Party to the Instrument who shall sign the same shall also at the Time of signing it write upon or across the Stamp his Name, and there shall, before or at the Time of so signing the Instrument by the Party who shall first sign the same, be written upon the Stamp the Date of the Instrument, so that the Stamp may be appropriated to the Instrument and effectually cancelled and rendered incapable of being used for any other Instrument, and in default thereof the Stamp shall be of no avail, and Proof of the said Writing upon or across the Stamp as aforesaid shall be a necessary Part of the Evidence of the signing or making of the Instrument in any Case where such Instrument is not stamped with an impressed Stamp: Provided always, that where the Persons who as Parties shall sign any such Instrument shall exceed Two, it shall be sufficient if One Person only on each Part shall write his Name on the Stamp.
15. If any Lease or Tack, or Agreement, Minute or Memo- Penalty for randum of Agreement, herein-before described, or any Dupli- signing
any P 2
the Lease of a furnished
ment not stamped.
cate or Counterpart thereof, shall not be written on Paper or Parchment duly stamped for the same, and shall not at the Time of signing the same as aforesaid have affixed thereto the proper adhesive Stamp, or such Stamp, if affixed, shall not be cancelled in manner herein-before mentioned, every Person who shall sign the said Instrument, if there shall be no Stamp thereon or affixed thereto, and every Person who shall make default in signing his Name across the adhesive Stamp, if one shall be affixed thereto, and also, in either of the Cases aforesaid, the Agent or Person who shall prepare or be employed in preparing such Instrument, shall forfeit Five Pounds, which shall be in addition to any Penalty by Law payable on stamping the same : Provided always, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to render any Person liable to any Penalty for or on account of any Letters or Correspondence by Post containing the Terms or Conditions offered or accepted for the taking or letting of any furnished House.
RETAIL LICENCE TO DEALERS IN SPIRITS.
to be taken out by any licensed Dealer in
3 3 0
taken out by any person for the Sale in any
. 0 5 0
of Money exceeding 5001. drawn out of the
For every 1001. and Part of 1001. of the
£ s. d. than a Year, or any Agreement, Minute or Memorandum of Agreement containing the Term and Conditions on which any such House is let, occupied, or held for any such Term or Period of Time, where the Rent for such Term or Period of Time shall exceed 251.
0 26 And where the same, together with any
Schedule, Receipt, or other Matter put
- 0 2 6
The same And for any Duplicate or Counterpart thereof Duty or
Pedlar, or Petty Chapman in Great Britain
any Period not exceeding Six Months - 1 0 0 And where the same shall be granted for
any Period exceeding Six Months and
: 200 LICENCE to be taken out by any such trading
Person in Great Britain who shall travel
any Period not exceeding Six Months 2 0 0 And where the same shall be granted for
any Period exceeding Six Months and
4 0 0