« EelmineJätka »
therefore enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the Authority of the same, as follows:
1. It shall be lawful for the Secretary of State in Council of Power to the India, at any Time or Times before the Thirtieth Day of April Secretary of One thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, or, if Parliament cil of India to be then sitting, before the End of the then Session of raise any Sum Parliament, to raise in the United Kingdom, for the Service not exceeding of the Government of India, any Sum or Sums of Money not
Four Millions. exceeding in the whole Four Millions, and such Sum or Sums may be raised by the Creation and Issue of Bonds or Debentures, or "Capital Stock bearing Interest, or Annuities, or partly by one of such Modes and partly by another or others.
2. All Bonds issued under the Authority of this Act may Bonds may be be issued under the Hands of Two Members of the Council issued under of India, and countersigned by the Secretary of State for India bers of Counor One of his Under Secretaries, or his Assistant Under cil, counterSecretary, and shall be for such respective Amounts, payable signed by Se after such Notice, and at such Rate or Rates of Interest as the der Secretary. said Secretary of State in Council may think fit.
3. All Debentures issued under the Authority of this Act Debentures may be issued under the Hands of Two Members of the may be issued. Council, and countersigned as aforesaid, for such respective Amounts, and at such Rate or Rates of Interest, as the Secretary of State in Council may think fit, and shall be issued at or for such Prices and on such Terms as may be determined by the Secretary of State in Council.
4. All Debentures issued under the Authority of this Act As to Payment shall be paid off at Par at a Time or Times to be mentioned of Principal in such Debentures respectively; and the Interest on all such and Interest on Debentures shall be paid half-yearly on such Days as shall be mentioned therein ; and the Principal Monies and Interest secured by such Debentures shall be payable either at the Treasury of the Secretary of State in Council in London or at the Bank of England.
5. All or any Number of the Debentures issued under the Debentures Authority of this Act, and all Right to and in respect of the transferable by Principal and Interest Monies secured thereby, shall be trans- Deed ; ferable either by the Delivery of such Debentures respectively, or at the Discretion of the Secretary of State in Council, by Deed; provided that the Coupons for Interest annexed to Coupons by any Debenture issued under the Authority of this Act shall Delivery. pass by Delivery.
6. Any Capital Stock created under the Authority of this Capital Stock Act shall bear such a Rate of Interest, and any Annuities to be and Annuities created under the Authority of this Act shall be at such Rate may be created per Centum per Annum, as the Secretary of State in Council may think fit; and such Capital Stock and such Annuities may be issued on such Terms as may be determined by the Secretary of State in Council; and any such Capital Stock
may bear Interest during such Period, and be paid off at Par at such Time, as the Secretary of State in Council may prescribe previously to the Issue of such Capital Stock; and such Annuities may be terminable at such Period as the Secretary of State in Council may prescribe previously to the Issue of
such Annuities. Transfer Books 7. In case of the Creation and Issue of any such Capital of such Capital Stock or of any such Annuities, there shall be kept, either at Stock and Annuities to be
the Office of the Secretary of State in Council in London or kept.
at the Bank of England, Books wherein Entries shall be made of the said Capital Stock and Annuities respectively, and wherein all Assignments or Transfers of the same respectively, or any
Part thereof respectively, shall be entered and registered, and shall be signed by the Parties making such Assignments or Transfers, or, if such Parties be absent, by his, her, or their Attorney or Attornies thereunto lawfully authorized by Writing under bis, her, or their Hands and Seals, to be attested by Two or more credible Witnesses; and the Person or Persons to whom such Transfer or Transfers shall be made may respectively underwrite his, her, or their Acceptance thereof; and no other Mode of assigning or transferring the said Capital Stock or the said Annuities, or any Part thereof respectively, or any Interest therein respectively, shall be good and available in Law, and no Stamp Duties whatsoever shall be charged o
the said Transfers or any of them. Annuities Per
8. All Annuities created and issued under the Authority sonal Estate.
of this Act shall be deemed and taken to be Personal and not Real Estate, and shall go to the Executors or Administrators of the Person or Persons dying possessed thereof, interested therein, or entitled thereto, and not to the Heir-at-Law, nor be liable to any Foreign Attachment by the Custom of London,
or otherwise. The whole 9. The whole Amount of the Principal Monies to be charged Amount
on the Revenues of India under this Act shall not exceed charged on Revenue of
Four Millions; and no Money shall be raised or secured under India not to the Authority of this Act after the said Thirtieth Day of April exceed Four Millions.
One thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, or, if Parliament be then sitting, after the End of the then Session of Parliament, save for or upon the Repayment of Principal Monies
previously secured under this Act as herein-after provided. Power to raise 10. Upon or for the Repayment of any Principal Money Money for
secured under the Authority of this Act, the Secretary of State Payment of Principal
in Council may at any Time borrow or raise, by all or any of Money. the Modes aforesaid, all or any Part of the Amount of Prin
cipal Money repaid or to be repaid, and so from Time to Time as all or any part of any Principal Money under this Act may require to be repaid, but the Amount to be charged upon the Revenues of India shall not in any Case exceed the
Principal Money required to be repaid. Securities, &c. 11. All Bonds and Debentures to be issued under this Act, to be charged
and the Principal Monies and Interest thereby secured, and all on Revenues of India.
Capital Stock to be issued under this Act, and the Interest
12. The Provisions contained in Section Four of the Act Provisions as of the Session holden in the Fifth and Sixth Years of King for Stamp
to Composition William the Fourth, Chapter Sixty-four, with respect to the Duties on Composition and Agreement for the Payment by the East India Bonds India Company of an annual Sum in lieu of Stamp Duties on Bonds and Detheir Bonds, and the Exemption of their Bonds from Stamp bentures under Duties, shall be applicable with respect to the Bonds and this Act. Debentures to be issued under the Authority of this Act, as if such Provisions were here repeated and re-enacted with reference thereto.
13. All Provisions now in force in anywise relating to the Forgery of Offence of forging or altering, or offering, uttering, disposing be punishable of, or putting off, knowing the same to be forged or altered, as Forgery of any East India Bond, with Intent to defraud, shall extend East India
Returns to 14. Provided always, That on or before the First Day of
be annually February in each Year the said Secretary of State in Council prepared of shall
prepare or cause to be prepared a Return of all Monies Monies raised raised on Loan under the Provisions of this Act; also a Return on Loan, &c.; of all Stocks, Loans, Debts, and Liabilities then chargeable on to Parliament. the Revenues of India, at home and abroad, up to the latest Period of Time to which such Return can be made out: That all such Returns shall be presented to both Houses of Parliament on or before the First Day of February in each Year, if Parliament is then sitting, and if Parliament is not sitting, then such Returns shall be presented within Ten Days of the First Meeting of Parliament after the First Day of February in each Year. 15. This Act shall not prejudice or affect any Power of Saving Powers
of the Secreraising or borrowing Money vested in the said Secretary of
tary of State State in Council at the Time of passing thereof.
[28th June 1861.] WHEREAS by “ The Dublin Improvement Act, 1849,"12& 13 Vict,
certain Powers were vested in the Right Honorable c. 97.
of the Borough of Dublin; and it is expedient that further
&c. to form
' making and enforcing the making of Branch Drains from
Houses and Buildings communicating with the Main Drains
or Sewers within the said Borough, and for other Purposes ; 6 but the same cannot be effected without the Aid and
Authority of Parliament: Be it therefore enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the
Authority of the same, as follows : Short Title. 1. This Act may be cited for all Purposes as “ The Dublin
Improvement Act Amendment Act, 1861." Recited Act, 2. The recited Act and the Acts incorporated therewith and
this Act shall be read and construed together as One Act. One Act.
3. The several Meanings assigned to certain Words and Interpretation
Expressions in the recited Act and in the Acts incorporated therewith shall extend and apply to the same Words and Expressions when used in this Act, unless there be something in the Subject or Context repugnant to such Construction, and the Word Corporation
n” in this Act shall include “ Council;" and the Word “Owner” shall mean the Person for the Time being receiving the Rackrent of the House or Building in connexion with which the said Word is used, whether on his own Account or as Agent or Trustee for any other Person who would so receive the same if the said House
or Building were let at a Rackrent. Limits of Act. 4. The Limits of this Act shall be the Municipal Boundaries
of the Borough of Dublin. Council of the 5. The Council of the Borough of Dublin, and their SucBorough to cessors in Office, shall and they are hereby authorized and carry Act into
required to carry this Act into execution.
6. If any Porch, Shed, projecting Window, Step, Cellar Owners, &c.
Door, or Window, or Steps leading into any Cellar or otherfuture Project- wise, Lamp, Lamp Post, Lamp Iron, Sign, Sign-post, Sign tions on Notice Iron, Showboard, Window Shutter, Wall, Gate, Fence, or from Corporation.
Opening, or any other Projection or Obstruction placed or made against or in front of any House or Building after the passing of this Act (save and except such Projections as are authorized by the Rules specified in Section Nine of this Act), shall be an Annoyance to the Public in consequence of the same projecting beyond the Line of Building of any Street, or into or over or being an Encroachment upon, or being made in or endangering or rendering less commodious the Passage along any Street within the Limits of this Act, it shall be lawful for the Corporation to give Notice in Writing to the Owner or Occupier of such House or Building to remove such Projection or Obstruction, or to alter the same in such Manner as the Corporation think fit, and such Owner or Occupier shall, within Fourteen Days after the Service of such Notice upon him, remove such Projection or Obstruction, or alter the same in the Manner directed by the Corporation, and if the Owner or Occupier of any such House or Building neglect or refuse,
within Fourteen Days after such Notice, to remove such Projec-
7. It shall be lawful for the Corporation, if any Shed, Lamp, Corporation
8. All Notices to be given by the Corporation for the Re- Period within moval of Obstructions under the Provisions of this Act shall which Notice
for Removal of be given within Two Years from the Completion of the same Obstructions to or from the passing of this Act.
be given. 9. The following Rules shall be observed as to Projections Rules as to from new Buildings:
from new 1. Every Coping, Cornice, Facia, Window Dressing, Portico,
any Shop Front may project beyond the external Wali
Street or Alley of a Width greater than Thirty Feet