« EelmineJätka »
The Vermin Act Amendment Act.—1907.
in the State of South Australia in the Commonwealth of Australia,
, in the said State, an authorised person within the meaning of Part II., of “The Vermin Act, 1905," came before me,
, Esquire, one of His Majesty's Justices of the Peace in and for the said State, and gave me to understand and be informed that in the said State, being the owner (or occupier as the case may be) of certain land, to wit [here sufficiently describe the land], did not, during the simultaneous vermin destruction months of January, February, and March, 19 destroy all vermin upon such land (and upon the half width of all roads adjoining the same), contrary to the form of the Statute in such case made and provided.
Taken before me at the day and year first above written.
, J.P. Fourth Schedule—. In line 8 repeal the words “not more than.”
3. Section 3 of Act 674 of 1897 shall, from the time of the passing Construction of sec. of The Vermin Act, 1905," be read and construed as though the 3 of
strued as though the 3 of Act 674 of 1897. words “ The Vermin Act, 1905,” had been inserted in the said section after the words “ The Vermin-proof Fencing Act, 1890.”
4. It shall be sufficient in any information or notice required Informalities of under this Act if such information shall give the accused a reason
informations may be able, clear, and intelligent statement of the offence with which he is corrected. charged, or if such notice shall clearly and reasonably state the purpose thereof, and no conviction shall be held void, invalid, or quashed for any defect in substance or form thereof, and the Court shall amend or permit the amendment of every information which in their opinion is defective.
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
GEORGE R. LE HUNTE, Governor.
Adelaide • By authority, C. E. BRISTOW, Government Printer, North Terrace.
EDWARDI VII REGIS.
An Act to provide for the Construction of a Railway from
Laura to Booleroo Centre, via Wirrabara, and
[Assented to, December 21st, 1907.] DE it Enacted by the Governor of the State of South Australia, D with the advice and consent of the Parliament thereof, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as “ The Laura to Booleroo Centre Short title and Railway Act, 1907," and the District Councils Act and the Acts incorporation. mentioned in the First Schedule hereto, so far as the same are severally applicable, shall be incorporated herewith.
2. In this Act, except where the subject-matter, or context, or other provisions hereof require a different construction“ Commissioner” shall mean the South Australian Railways Com
1. The cost of constructing the railway:
required for the railway, and of compensating persons
considered requisite for the railway: iv. Other incidental expenses (if any) in respect of the abovementioned matters :
The Laura to Booleroo Centre Railway Act.—1907.
• Council ” shall mean The District Council of Port Germein :
and defined under the District Councils Act:
of this Act : “ Railway District ” shall mean the Railway District constituted
by this Act: “Ratepayer ” shall mean a ratepayer within the meaning of the
District Councils Act : “ The District Councils Act” shall mean “The District Councils
Act, 1887,” and all Acts amending the same or substituted
therefor: “ Year” shall mean a year ending on the thirtieth day of June.
Power to construct railway.
3. Subject to the conditions hereinafter contained, the Commissioner may construct and maintain a railway from Laura to Booleroo Centre via Wirrabara, together with all proper works and conveniences connected therewith, as the said railway is delineated in the plan deposited in the office of the Surveyor-General, at Adelaide, on the twenty-first day of November, one thousand nine hundred and seven, and in the plan in the Fifth Schedule hereto, or as may be delineated in any plans that may hereafter be so deposited, pursuant to any law for the time being in force as to the deposit of such plans: Provided that in case the Houses of Parliament shall not be sitting when any plans and books of reference shall be deposited in the office of the Surveyor-General under section 9 of “ The Railway Clauses Act, 1876," the Commissioner may make deviations under the said section before causing copies of the plans and books of reference to be laid before Parliament, but such copies shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament upon their next sitting.
4. The Commissioner shall call for public tenders for the construction of the railway, to be sent in within such time, to such place, and under such terms, conditions, and provisions as he may deem advisable, and may accept or reject any tender.
Tenders to be called for.
Power to construct railway though no tender accepted.
5. The Commissioner may construct the railway although no tender therefor shall have been accepted.
Gauge, &c., of railway.
6. The gauge of the railway shall be three feet six inches, and the rails to be used in the construction thereof shall be of iron or steel, and of the weight of not less than forty pounds to the yard. The total cost of the railway, including rolling-stock, shall not exceed Eighty-two Thousand Five Hundred Pounds.
Fares, tolls, and charges.
7. The Commissioner may demand for the use of the railway, and in respect thereof, and for the carriage of goods and passengers thereon, and for the loading and unloading of goods, such fares, tolls,
The Laura to Booleroo Centre Railway Act.—1907.
and charges as may from time to time be fixed in manner prescribed by any Act or Acts under which the Commissioner may fix such fares, tolls, or charges in respect of the railways under his control.
8. Subject to the provisions of this Act, all fares, tolls, rents, dues, Appropriation of charges, and sums of money which may at any time be received and fares, tolls, &c. levied under authority hereof shall be from time to time, in such manner as the Governor may prescribe, paid to the Treasurer for the public purposes of the said State.
9. The area of land defined in the plan in the Fifth Schedule Constitution of the hereto, and comprised within the blue line shown on such plan, is Laura and Booleroo
Centre Railway hereby constituted a Railway District for the purposes of this Act, and District. shall be called “The Laura and Booleroo Centre Railway District.”
10. Within three months from the passing of this Act the question Question to be subwhether the railway shall be constructed in pursuance of this Act mitted to poll of
ratepayers. shall be submitted by the Council to a poll of the ratepayers within the District who are assessed in respect of the land within the Railway District. A poll in pursuance of this section shall be valid although taken after the expiration of the said three months.
ll. Every poll of ratepayers under this Act shall be taken by Provisions for poll. ballot :1. The Council shall appoint a Returning Officer, who shall,
mutatis mutandis, have all the powers conferred by the
of the poll:
appoint a polling-place in each ward. The taking of the
had an opportunity of voting, and shall then close:
place, shall be appointed by the Council:
expedient, may cause booths to be erected, or rooms to be