« EelmineJätka »
FOURTHLY.-For defraying the charge of the Northern Territory for the year ending the thirtieth day of June, one thousand nine hundred and eight, there shall be paid out of the Northern Territory Revenues the sum of Ninety-four Thousand Six Hundred and Ninetysix Pounds, the said amount being appropriated as follows, viz.:
£ s. d. Office of the Minister Controlling the Northern Territory .. 700 0 0 Government Resident .. ... .. .. .. .. .. ..
0 0 8,195 0 0
1,419 0 0 Charitable Institutions
2,938 0 0 Board of Health
40 0 0 Law Officers .. .
505 00 Marine .. . ..
3,155 00 Stock and Brands
815 0 0 Botanic Garden
360 0 0 Survey .. .....
2,236 0 0 .. . Goldfields and Mining
23,861 00 Education .. .. .. ..
.. 710 00
.. " Railways and Tramways ..
14,775 00 Public Works .. .
9,689 0 Retiring Allowances and Gratuities
200 0 0 Miscellaneous .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
.. 22,572 0 0
.. Total as shown by Estimates .. .. .. .. £94,696 0 0
Treasurer to pay the orders of Governor, and discharge by receipt of party.
2. The Treasurer shall issue and pay, from time to time, any sum or sums of money for the purposes herein before mentioned, not exceeding in the whole the sums respectively in that behalf hereinbefore specified, to such persons and in such portions as the Governor for the time being shall, by any order or orders in writing signed by him and countersigned by the Chief Secretary, from time to time direct; and the said Treasurer shall, in his accounts, be allowed credit for all sums paid by him in pursuance of such orders accordingly; and the receipts of the persons to whom such sums shall have been so paid shall be to him a full discharge for the sum or sums for which the same receipts shall have been respectively given, and the amounts thereof shall be passed to his credit in account accordingly.
In the name and on behalf of His Majesty, I hereby assent to this Bill.
GEORGE R. LE HUNTE, Governor.
Adelaide : By authority, C. E. BRISTOW, Government Printer, North Terrace.
EDWARDI VII REGIS.
An Act to amend " The Vermin Act, 1905."
[Assented to, December 21st, 1907.] D E it Enacted by the Governor of the State of South Australia,
with the advice and consent of the Parliament thereof, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as “The Vermin Act Amendment Act, Short title and 1907,” and shall be incorporated with “ The Vermin Act, 1905” incorporation. (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
2. The sections and Schedules of the principal Act enumerated Amendments and hereunder are repealed or amended to the extent and in manner te herein set forth:Section 1-In the interpretation of the words “ Crown lands,”
after the word “ Australia " insert the words “excluding the
by” and insert in lieu thereof the words “ accompanied if
21. In order to better provide for the simultaneous destruction of vermin, such destruction shall, as regards each District Council, Verinin-fenced District, and Associated Board be simultaneously proceeded with by all owners and occupiers during the months of A-940
The Vermin Act Amendment Act.—1907.
January, February, and March in each year, but nothing in this section shall be construed to imply that the destruction of vermin shall not be proceeded with and enforced during the remainder of the year, or that a notice, under section 23 of “ The Vermin Act, 1905,” may not be given during such simultaneous vermin destruction months.
Section 24 – Repeal the whole and substitute the following section in lieu thereof:24. (1) The owner or occupier of any land who does not
During the simultaneous vermin destruction months of
January, February, and March in each year ; or (6) Within twenty-eight days after the service upon him of a
notice under section 23, destroy all vermin upon such land, and upon the half width of all roads adjoining the same, shall be liable to a penalty for a first offence of not more than Five Pounds, and for the second and every
subsequent offence of not more than Twenty Pounds. (2) Informations under this section
(a) Shall not be laid except by an authorised person :
to this Act, and when so laid shall not be questioned for
want of form : (c) May be amended by the Court; and (d) Shall be laid within six months from the date of the service
of such notice, or from the expiration of the simultaneous vermin destruction months, as the case may be.
Section 25—Repeal the whole and substitute the following section
in lieu thereof:
25. (1) Where an owner or occupier is charged with an offence under section 24 the averments contained in the information shall be deemed to be proved in the absence of proof to the contrary.
(2) Such averments shall be deemed conclusively proved upon proof on behalf of the informant of the presence of vermin upon the lands mentioned in the said information(a) Where such land is within the boundaries of a District Council
or Associated Board, at any time after fourteen days from the expiration of the notice under section 23, or from the expiration of the simultaneous vermin destruction months,
as the case may be: (6) Where such land is outside the boundaries of a District Council
or Associated Board, at any time after the expiration of three months from the expiration of such notice, or from the expiration of the simultaneous vermin destruction months, as the case may be.
The Vermin Act Amendment Act.—1907.
Section 38—Repeal the words “ or forest reserve” and the words
“ or similar enclosures,” and after the word “upon” in the third line add the words “ a dedicated travelling stock reserve or Crown lands used as.”
Section 75—Repeal subsection 4.
new subsection therefor: "(c) In paying for the destruction of vermin on the whole or
any specified portion of the land within the district, the approval of the Commissioner having first been
notified in the Gazette.” Section 154—Repeal the words “or a Vermin-fenced District "
in the sixth line. Section 157— After the words “ Government inspector " in the
second and last lines insert the words “ or a Crown lands
ranger.” Section 158_ Insert the following new subsection:“ (d) Any instalment under subsection (a) which is unpaid for
fourteen days after the due date thereof shall, by way of penalty, bear interest, payable therewith, and calculated at the rate of Five Pouuds per centum per
annum.” Section 160—Insert the following new subsection:“(5) Any instalment under subsection (1) which is unpaid for
fourteen days after the due date thereof shall, by way of penalty, bear interest, payable therewith, and calcu. lated at the rate of Five Pounds per centum per
annum.” In the heading to Part VI., Division II., and in section 192, sub
section (1), line 3, repeal the word “hundreds " and insert in lieu thereof the words “District Councils and Vermin-fenced
Districts.” Section 194– (1) Insert the following new subsection:“(5) Any instalment under subsection (2) which is
unpaid for fourteen days after the due date thereof shall, by way of penalty, bear interest, payable therewith, and calculated at the rate of
Five Pounds per centum per annum.” (2) Insert the following new subsection :“ (30.) If such lease is transferred or surrendered whilst
any instalments remain unpaid, such remaining instalments shall be paid prior to such transfer or surrender, unless the incoming tenant (if any) agrees to pay the same.”
The Vermin Act Amendment Act.—1907.
Payment for boundary fences.
Section 1974 Repeal the whole, and substitute the following section in lieu thereof :
197. (1) Where an occupier of land within a District Council or Municipal ('orporation shall have heretofore erected, or shall hereafter erect, a rabbit-proof fence upon the boundary of such land the occupier of the adjoining land shall, after demand, be liable to pay to the occupier who is in occupation at the time when such demand is made a contribution in respect of such fence, calculated as follows:(a) If such adjoining land is within a District Council or Municipal
Corporation, such contribution shall be one-half of the
value of such fence at the time of such demand : (6) If such adjoining land is not within a District Council or
Municipal Corporatior, such contribution shall be calculated
and be payable in manner provided by section 196. (2) Contributions under subdivision (a) shall be paid within one year from the date of demand, with interest at the rate of Four Pounds per centum per annum. Section 204– Between the words “ fence” and “and ” in line 5
insert the words " and clear the scrub." Section 240—At the end of subsection (c) add the words “Service
shall be deemed to have been effected (unless the contrary is proved) at the time at which the letter would be delivered in
the ordinary course of post." Second Schedule--Repeal forms No. 2 and No. 3 and insert the following forms in lieu thereof:
Form No. 2.
, the said State, an authorised person within the meaning of Part II. of “The Vermin Act, 1905," came before me,
, Esquire, one of His Majesty's Justices of the Peace in and for the said State, and gave me to understand and be informed that
Taken before me at
FORM No. 3.
day of in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and