« EelmineJätka »
ORDINANCES OF 1901.
25. An Ordinance respecting Villages.
26. An Ordinance to remove Certain Doubts as to the Effect of Chapter 17 of the Ordinances of 1899, intituled "An Ordinance to amend Chapter 73 of the Consolidated Ordinances 1898, intituled 'An Ordinance respecting Local Improvement.'
27. An Ordinance respecting Local Improvement Districts.
28. An Ordinance to further amend Chapter 74 of The Consolidated Ordinances 1898, intituled "An Ordinance respecting Irrigation Districts."
29. An Ordinance respecting Schools.
30. An Ordinance respecting Assessment and Taxation in School Districts. 31. An Ordinance to regulate Public Aid to Schools.
32. An Ordinance to further amend Chapter 85 of The Consolidated Ordinances 1898, intituled "An Ordinance for the Protection of Game."
33. An Ordinance to amend Chapter 89 of The Consolidated Ordinances 1898 intituled "An Ordinance respecting the sale of Intoxicating Liquors and the issue of Licences therefor.'
34. An Ordinance to Incorporate The North-Eastern Stock Growers' Association. 35. An Ordinance to Incorporate The British Canadian Trust and Guarantee Company.
36. An Ordinance to Incorporate The Saskatchewan Exploration Company, Limited.
37. An Ordinance to Incorporate the Chinook Club of the Town of Lethbridge. 38. An Ordinance to Authorise the Town of Whitewood to issue certain Debentures.
39. An Ordinance to amend Ordinance No. 43 of the Ordinances of 1898, intituled "An Ordinance to Incorporate the Town of Wolseley,"
40. An Ordinance to further amend Ordinance No. 33 of the Ordinances of 1893, intituled "An Ordinance to Incorporate the City of Calgary" and to confirm the purchase by the said City of Calgary of its Waterworks System and to provide for the issue of debentures by the said City for Local Improvements for the year 1900.
41. An Ordinance to authorise the City of Calgary to use the waters and falls of the Bow River at or near Kananaskis or the waters and falls of the Elbow River for Electric purposes.
42. An Ordinance to Incorporate the Town of Red Deer. 43. An Ordinance to Incorporate the Town of Cardston.
An Ordinance for granting to the Lieutenant Governor certain Sums of Money required for defraying certain Expenses of the Public Service for the Financial Year ending The Thirty-first day of December, 1901, and for other purposes.
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR HONOUR:
[Assented to June 12, 1901.]
WHEREAS it Forget, bag Lieutenant Governor THEREAS it appears by Message from His Honour Preamble
of the North-West Territories, and the estimates accompanying the same, that the sums hereinafter mentioned in the schedules to this Ordinance are required to defray certain expenses of the public service of the Territories not otherwise provided for during the financial year ending the thirty-first day of December one thousand nine hundred and one and for other purposes relating thereto: May it therefore please Your Honour that it may be enacted and be it enacted by the Lieutenant Governor by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories as follows:
1. This Ordinance may be cited as "The Appropriation Short title
2. From and out of the general revenue fund there shall Appropriation and may be paid and applied a sum not exceeding in the whole for 1901 five hundred and eighty-nine thousand one hundred and twenty dollars and twenty-five cents ($589,120.25) towards defraying the several charges and expenses of the public service of the Territories for the financial year ending the thirty-first day of December in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and one not otherwise provided for and set forth in schedule A to this Ordinance and also for the other purposes in the said schedule mentioned.
3. From and out of the general revenue fund there shall Provisional and may be paid and applied a sum not exceeding in the whole appropriation Sixty thousand dollars ($60,000.00) to defray the expenses of legislation, maintenance of public institutions, salaries of the officers of the Government and public service and for all other services of the Government coming in course of payment from the first day of January in the year of Our Lord one thousand
nine hundred and two up to and until the final passage of the estimates of expenditures for the financial year one thousand nine hundred and two as set forth in schedule B to this Ordinance.
4. The due application of all moneys expended under this Ordinance shall be accounted for.
Sums granted to the Lieutenant Governor by this Ordinance for the financial year ending December thirty-first one thousand nine hundred and oue and the purposes for which they are granted: