« EelmineJätka »
PRINTED BY GEORGE E. EYRE AND WILLIAM SPOTTISWOODE, PRINTERS TO THE QUEEN'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY.
[Price 11. 2s. in Boards.]
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
N Act to regulate certain Offices of the House of Com-
2. An Act to amend the Acts relating to the Metropolitan Police.
3. An Act to extend the Period for which Her Majesty may grant Letters Patent of Incorporation to Joint Stock Banks in Scotland existing before the Act of One thousand eight hundred and forty-six.
4. An Act to apply the Sum of One million six hundred and thirty-one thousand and five Pounds One Shilling and Fivepence out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year ending the Thirty-first Day of March One thousand eight hundred and fifty-six.
5. An Act for funding Exchequer Bills and raising Money by way of Annuities. Ibid. 6. An Act for raising Five Millions by way of Annuities. 13 7. An Act to apply the Sum of Twenty-six Millions out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and fifty-six.
8. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore. Ibid.
9. An Act to amend the Acts relating to the Advance of Public Money to promote the Improvement of Land. 32
10. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters. 36
11. An Act to authorize the Inclosure of certain Lands in pursuance of a Report of the Inclosure Commissioners for England and Wales.
55 12. An Act to confirm certain Provisional Orders made under an Act of the Fifteenth Year of Her present Majesty, to facilitate Arrangements for the Relief of Turnpike Trusts.
13. An Act to make Provision for the Management of certain Lands belonging to Her Majesty within the former Limits of the late Forest of Delamere in the County of Chester. Page 59 14. An Act to abolish the Office of Secretary to the Poor Law Commissioners in Ireland. 60 15. An Act for further regulating the Payment of the Out-Pensioners of Greenwich and Chelsea Hospitals. 61
16. An Act to empower the Court of Queen's Bench to order certain Offenders to be tried at the Central Criminal Court. 63 17. An Act to authorize for a further Period the Advance of Money out of the Consolidated Fund for carrying on Public Works and Fisheries and for the Employment of the Poor.
73 18. An Act to authorize for a further Period the Application of Money for the Purposes of Loans for carrying on Public Works in Ireland. 77 19. An Act for raising the Sum of Twenty-one million one hundred and eighty-two thousand seven hundred Pounds by Exchequer Bills for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and fifty-six.
20. An Act to continue certain Compositions payable to Bankers who have ceased to issue Bank Notes. Ibid.
21. An Act for raising the further Sum of Five Millions by way of Annuities.
22. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the Duties on Fire Insurances. 89 23. An Act for granting certain additional Powers and Authorities to the Canada Company.
92 24. An Act for enabling the Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland to acquire certain Lands for the Site of a Prison for the Reception of Juvenile Convicts.
25. An Act to amend the Law relating to Drafts on Bankers. 108 26. An Act to confirm Provisional Orders of the General Board of Health applying the Public Health Act, 1848, to the Districts of Waterloo with Seaforth, West Ham, Sowerby Bridge, and Moss-side; for Alteration of the Boundaries of the Districts of Rusholme and Bishop Auckland; and for other Purposes. Ibid. 27. An Act to amend the Acts relating to Pawnbrokers. 126 28. An Act to make further Provision for rendering Refor matory and Industrial Schools in Scotland more available for the Benefit of Vagrant Children.
29. An Act to extend the Powers of the Trustees and Director of the National Gallery, and to authorize the Sale of Works of Art belonging to the Public.
30. An Act to settle an Annuity on Sir William Fenwick Williams, in consideration of his eminent Services. 31. An Act to amend the Act of the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Years of Her Majesty, concerning the University of Oxford and the College of Saint Mary Winchester.
32. An Act to amend the Whichwood Disafforesting Act, 1853. 136 33. An Act to continue the Act for extending for a limited Time the Provision for Abatement of Income Tax in respect of Insurance on Lives.
34. An Act to grant Allowances of Excise Duty on Malt in Stock ; to alter and regulate certain Drawbacks and Allowances in
respect of Malt Duty; to repeal and re-impose the Excise Duty on Sugar used in brewing Beer; and to amend the Law relating to Malt Roasters.
35. An Act to authorize the West India Relief Commissioners to grant further Time for the Repayment of Monies advanced by them in certain Cases.
36. An Act for the better Preservation of the Peace in Ireland. 151
37. An Act to amend the Act for transferring to Counties in Ireland certain Works constructed wholly or in part with the Public Money.
152 38. An Act for the further Amendment of the Laws relating to Labour in Factories. 154
39. An Act to carry into effect a Convention respecting a Loan by Her Majesty to the King of Sardinia. 156 40. An Act to amend an Act of the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Years of Her present Majesty relating to Industrial and Provident Societies.
157 41. An Act to make further Provision for the Establishment of Savings Banks for Seamen. 158 42. An Act to continue the Act for the Exemption of Stock in Trade from Rating.
160 43. An Act to authorize Issues out of the Consolidated Fund for the Redemption of certain Annuities charged on Branches of the gross Revenue.
Ibid. 44. An Act for raising the Sum of Four Millions by Exchequer Bills and Exchequer Bonds, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and fifty-six.
162 45. An Act for confirming a Scheme of the Charity Commissioners for Saint Mary Magdalen Hospital near Bath. Ibid. 46. An Act to exempt Imprisonments under the Act 5 Geo. 4. c. 96. from the Operation of the Act abolishing in Scotland Imprisonment for Civil Debts of small Amount.
169 47. An Act for the Incorporation and Regulation of Joint Stock Companies and other Associations. Ibid. 48. An Act for amending the Procedure before Magistrates and Justices of Peace in Scotland.
49. An Act to continue certain Turnpike Acts in Great Bri
217 50. An Act to enable Parishioners and others, forming a numerous Class, to sell Advowsons held by or in trust for them, and to apply the Proceeds in providing Parsonage Houses, augmenting small Livings, and to other beneficial Purposes; and for giving other Powers to such Persons. 220
51. An Act to permit the Use of Rice in the Distillation of Spirits.
52. An Act to suspend the making of Lists and the Ballots for the Militia of the United Kingdom. Ibid.
53. An Act for confirming a Scheme of the Charity Commissioners for the Endowed School at Moulton in the County of Lincoln. 226 54. An Act to facilitate the Despatch of Business before Grand Juries in England and Wales.