« EelmineJätka »
55. An Act for transferring the Powers of the Church Building
56. An Act to constitute the Court of Session the Court of
Exchequer in Scotland, and to regulate Procedure in Matters
57. An Act to abolish the Jurisdiction of the Court of the
Liberties and Manor of Saint Sepulchre in and near Dublin,
and for the future Regulation of certain Markets of the said
58. An Aet to amend the Law for the Registration of Persons
entitled to vote in the Election of Members to serve in Parlia-
59. An Act to alter the Mode of providing for certain Expenses
now charged upon certain Parts of the Public Revenue. 294
60. An Act to amend the Laws of Scotland affecting Trade and
61. An Act to continue an Act for the Survey of Great Britain,
Berwick-upon-Tweed, and the Isle of Man.
62. An Act to provide for the Maintenance of Navigations made
in connexion with Drainage, and to make further Provision in
relation to Works of Drainage in Ireland.
63. An Act to amend the Acts relating to Grand Juries in Ire-
64. An Act to repeal certain Statutes which are not in use. 320
65. An Act to encourage the providing of improved Dwellings for
66. An Act to extinguish certain Rights of Way and to stop up
certain Roads and Paths near the Camp at Aldershot. 329
67. An Act to extend the Period for applying for a Sale under
the Acts for facilitating the Sale and Transfer of Incumbered ̧
Estates in Ireland, and to amend the said Acts.
68. An Act to further amend the Laws relating to Prisons in
69. An Act to render more effectual the Police in Counties and
Boroughs in England and Wales.
70. An Act to render valid certain Marriages in the Church at
Coatham in the Parish of Kirk Leatham in the County of
73. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom
as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employ-
ments, and to extend the Time limited for those Purposes
74. An Act to continue the Act to facilitate the Management and
Improvement of Episcopal and Capitular Estates in Eng-
76. An Act to continue for a limited Time the Exemption of
certain Charities from the Operation of the Charitable Trusts
77. An Act to amend the Law and Practice of the Court of Chan-
cery in Ireland in relation to the Appointment of Receivers
over Real Estate, and to expedite the Sale of Estates in the
78. An Act to continue the Act of the Second and Third Years of
Her Majesty, Chapter Seventy-four, for preventing the adminis-
tering and taking of unlawful Oaths in Ireland, as amended by
an Act of the Eleventh and Twelfth Years of Her Majesty's
79. An Act to consolidate and amend the Laws relating to
80. An Act to grant Relief in assessing the Income Tax on Lands
in Scotland in respect of certain Public Burdens charged
thereon; to alter and regulate the Allowances to Clerks to the
Commissioners of Income Tax ; and to amend the Laws relating
to the Land, Assessed, and Income Taxes, and the Redemption
and Purchase of the Land Tax.
81. An Act to reduce the Stamp Duties on certain Instruments
of Proxy; to amend the Laws relating to the stamping of
Articles of Clerkship to Attorneys and others; and to exempt
from Stamp Duty Admissions to the Freedom of the City of
82. An Act to repeal and reimpose under new Regulations the
83. An Act to provide for the better Defence of the Coasts of
the Realm, and the more ready Manning of the Navy, and
to transfer to the Admiralty the Government of the Coast
84. An Act to continue the Corrupt Practices Prevention Act,
86. An Act to abolish the Office of Cursitor Baron of the Exche-
87. An Act to amend the Lunatic Asylums Act, 1853. Ibid.
88. An Act to make further Provision for the good Government
and Extension of the University of Cambridge, of the Colleges
therein, and of the College of King Henry the Sixth at
89. An Act to abolish certain unnecessary Forms in the framing
90. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and con-
tingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great
Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to
Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters,
Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, and Surgeons Mates of the
Militia; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-com-
91. An Act to amend and re-enact certain Provisions of an
Act of the Fifty-fourth Year of King George the Third,
relating to Judicial Procedure and Securities for Debts in
92. An Act to constitute a Court of Appeal in Chancery, and to amend the Law relating to Appeals from the Incumbered Estates Court in Ireland.
93. An Act to constitute all legally qualified Persons in Scotland Commissioners of Supply without being named in an Act of Supply.
482 94. An Act for the uniform Administration of Intestates Estates. 484
95. An Act to give to the University of Oxford and to Colleges in the said University, and to the College of Saint Mary of Winchester near Winchester, Power to sell and exchange Lands, under certain Conditions.
96. An Act for amending the Law of Marriage in Scotland. 487 97. An Act to amend the Laws of England and Ireland affecting Trade and Commerce. 488 98. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the Burial of the Dead in Ireland. 492
99. An Act to amend the Acts relating to Lunatic Asylums in Ireland, so far as relates to Superannuations. 503 100. An Act to amend the Law with respect to the Election of Directors of Joint Stock Banks in England. 504 101. An Act to continue certain Acts to prevent the spreading of contagious or infectious Disorders among Sheep, Cattle, and other Animals.
102. An Act to further amend the Procedure in and to enlarge the Jurisdiction of the Superior Courts of Common Law in Ireland.
505 103. An Act to make better Provision for the Removal of Nuisances, Regulation of Lodging Houses, and the Health of Towns in Scotland. 104. An Act to extend the Provisions of an Act of the Sixth and Seventh Years of Her Majesty, for making better Provision for the Spiritual Care of populous Parishes, and further to provide for the Formation and Endowment of separate and distinct Parishes.
544 105. An Act to apply a Sum out of the Consolidated Fund and the Surplus of Ways and Means to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and fifty-six, and to appropriate the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament. 106. An Act to authorize the Inclosure of certain Lands in pursuance of a Special Report of the Inclosure Commissioners for England and Wales.
107. An Act to amend the Smoke Nuisance Abatement (Metropolis) Act, 1853. 568
108. An Act to amend the Acts relating to the County Courts. 569 109. An Act to amend the Mode of committing Criminal and Vagrant Children to Reformatory and Industrial Schools. 596 110. An Act for the better Regulation of the House of Industry Hospitals and other Hospitals in Dublin supported wholly or in part by Parliamentary Grants. 605
111. An Act for confirming a Scheme of the Charity Commissioners for Stoke Poges Hospital in the County of Bucks, with certain Alterations.
112. An Act to amend the Act of the last Session of Parliament, Chapter One hundred and twenty, for the better Local Management of the Metropolis. Page 616 113. An Act to provide for taking Evidence in Her Majesty's Dominions in relation to Civil and Commercial Matters pending before Foreign Tribunals.
114. An Act to prevent false Packing and other Frauds in the Hay and Straw Trade. 621 115. An Act to provide for the Retirement of the present Bishops of London and Durham.
116. An Act for the Appointment of a Vice-President of the Committee of Council on Education. 623 117. An Act to amend the Law relating to the Relief of the Poor in Scotland. 624
118. An Act to amend the Act of the last Session of Parliament for diminishing Expense and Delay in the Administration of Criminal Justice in certain Cases.
625 119. An Act to amend the Provisions of the Marriage and Registration Acts. Ibid. 120. An Act to facilitate Leases and Sales of Settled Estates. 639
N Act to enable the London Dock Company to raise a further Sum of Money.
ii. An Act for supplying with Gas the Townships of Knottingley and Ferrybridge in the West Riding of the County of York.
iii. An Act to extend the Period limited for the Exercise of the Powers of the Colonial Bank; and for other Purposes.
iv. An Act for lighting with Gas the Borough of Weymouth and Melcombe Regis, and its Neighbourhood, in the County of Dorset; and for other Purposes.
v. An Act for vesting in the Mayor, Aldermen, and Burgesses of the Borough of Liverpool the Undertaking of the Chorley Waterworks Company, and for other Purposes.
vi. An Act for incorporating the Lancaster Gaslight Company, and extending their Powers, and for authorizing additional Works, and the raising of further Monies; and for other Purposes.
vii. An Act to enable the Haslingden and Rawtenstall Waterworks Company to raise a further Sum of Money, and for other Purposes.
viii. An Act to enable the Southport Waterworks Company to raise a further Sum of Money, and for other Purposes.
ix. An Act for the better supplying with Gas the Parish of Gainsborough in Lincolnshire.
x. An Act for enabling the Company of Proprietors of Lambeth Waterworks to raise further Money, and for other Purposes.
xi. An Act for effecting certain Alterations in the Works of the Tidal Harbour of Victoria Dock at Dundee, and for other Purposes in relation to the Harbour of Dundee.
xii. An Act to enable the Lincoln Waterworks Company to raise a further Sum of Money.
xiii. An Act for granting further Powers to the Heywood Gaslight and Coke Company.
xiv. An Act for the incorporating of the Milford Railway Company and for the making of the Milford Railway in the County of Pembroke.
xv. An Act to enable the Eastern Counties and London and Blackwall Railway Companies to raise a further Sum of Money for the Purposes of the London, Tilbury, and Southend Extension Railway; to amend the Acts relating to such Undertaking; and for other Purposes.
xvi. An Act for making a Railway from the Wilts, Somerset, and Weymouth Railway, near Frome, to Shepton Mallett in the County of Somerset.
xvii. An Act to confirm an Award for the Settlement of Matters in difference between the University and Borough of Cambridge, and for other Purposes connected therewith.
xviii. An Act to enable the Ulster Railway Company to subscribe towards the Undertaking of the Portadown and Dungannon Railway Company, and to authorize certain Arrangements between the said Companies, and for other Purposes.
xix. An Act for supplying with Water the Town of Filey and the Environs and Neighbourhood thereof, and other Places in the East and North Ridings of the County of York, and for authorizing the Purchase of the Filey Gasworks, and for supplying the said Town with Gas; and for other Purposes.
xx. An Act to empower the Wakefield Gaslight Company to raise a further Sum of Money.
xxi. An Act for incorporating the Worksop Gas Company. xxii. An Act to amend and extend the Provisions of "The Llanidloes and Newtown Railway Act, 1853;" and to enable the Llanidloes and Newtown Railway Company to make certain Deviations in their authorized Line and Levels, and for other Purposes.
xxiii. An Act to confer further Powers on the Boston Gaslight and Coke Company.
xxiv. An Act to enable the East of Fife Railway Company to make a Deviation in the Line of their Railway, and for other Purposes.
XXV. An Act for continuing the Term and amending and extending the Provisions of the Act relating to the Leicester and Welford Turnpike Road, in the Counties of Leicester and Northampton.
xxvi. An Act for more effectually paving, cleansing, lighting, and otherwise improving the Town of Gravesend in the County of Kent.
xxvii. An Act to enable the Scarborough Waterworks Company to raise a further Sum of Money, and to extend the Limits for the Supply of Water, and to amend the Provisions of the Act relating to such Company.