About this book
Raamatud teenuses Google Play
LONDON: WILLIAM SPOONER, 377, STRAND; M. STAUNTON, 80, MARLBOROUGH STREET, DUBLIN, AGENT FOR IRELAND: W. TAIT, EDINBURGH :
R. STUART AND CO. GLASGOW.
C RICHARDS, PRINTER, 100, ST. MARTIN'S LANE,CHARING Cross.
J.-La Mimica degli Antichi investigata nel Gestire Napoli-
tano. The Gestures of the Ancients sought in the
Gesticulations of the Neapolitans. By the Canon
Andrea de Jorio. Naples. 1832.
II.-1. History of Ireland. By Thomas Moore, Esq. London.
2. History of Ireland, from the Invasion under Henry II.
to its Union with Great Britain, By Francis Plowden.
New Edition. London. 1831.
3. History of Ireland, from the earliest period to the year
1814. By Stephen Barlow, A.M.
4. Inland Navigation, &c. of Ireland. By C. W. Williams,
Esq. Second Edition. Dublin. 1833.
5. Report of Commissioners of Shannon Navigation, 1836.
6. Report of Committee of the House of Commons on
7. Return to an Order of the House of Commons for
Evidence before Revenue Commissioners relative to
Irish Western Harbours. 1834.
8. Other Parliamentary Documents.
III.--1. Primitive Tradition recognised in Holy Scripture, a
Sermon preached in the Cathedral Church of Win-
chester, at the Visitation of the Most Worshipful and
Rev. W. Dealtry, D.D. Chancellor of the Diocese,
September 27, 1836. By the Rev. John Keble, M.A.
Second Edition. London. Rivingtons. 1837.
2. The British Critic, No. XL. (Oct. 1836.)
IV.-l. Report on the Civil Government of Canada, 1828.
2. Petition of the House of Assembly of Lower Canada
for a Redress of Grievances. March, 1834.
3. Petition (the Second) from the Assembly of Lower
Canada. December, 1834. With explanatory Re-
marks (by H. S. Chapman). March, 1835.
4. Existing Difficulties of the Government of the Canadas.
By J. A. Roebuck, M.P. 1836.
5. The last Session of the Provincial Parliament of Lower
Canada, By E. B. O'Callaghan, M.P. April, 1836.
6. Petition (the Third) from the House of Assembly of
Lower Canada. 1836.
7. Seventh Report of the Committee on Grievances (Upper
Canada.) Toronto. 1835.
8. Canadiana; or, Sketches of Upper Canada: and the
Political Crisis. By W. B. Wells, Esq. Member of
the Parlianient of U. C. 1837.
9. Reports of the Commissioners to Lower Canada. 1837.
10. The “ Times” Newspaper of the 7th and 9th of March,
and April 15th. * Debates on Canada."
: Voyage contenant la Description de cette Capi-
tale, avec les Meurs, &c. &c. par Albert Montémont.
State of the Irish Fisheries, with the Minutes of
Evidence and Appendix. Presented to both Houses
of Parliament by Command of His Majesty. Dublin.
VII.-- Mémoire sur la Détermination de l'Echelle du Thermo-
mètre de l'Académie del Cimento: par M. G. Libri.
Annales de Chimie et de Physique: par MM. Gay-
Lussac et Arago. Vol. XLV.
VIII.-Christian Political Economy; or, an Examination into the
Causes of Pauperism as it exists in France and Europe,
and of the Means of Relieving and Preventing it.
By the Viscount Villeneuve Bargimont, Prefect of
the North, formerly Counsellor of State, Deputy, &c.
3 vols. Paris. 1834. -
IX.-1. Descent of the Danube, from Ratisbon to Vienna, dur-
ing the Autumn of 1827, with anecdotes and recol-
lections, &c. By J. R. Planché, author of " Lays and
Legends of the Rhine,” “ Oberon," an Opera, &c.
8vo. London. 1828.
2. A Steam Voyage down the Danube, with Sketches of
Hangary, Walachia, Servia, Turkey, &c. By
Michael J. Quin, Author of “A Visit to Spain.
Third edition, with additions. In two volumes. Post
8vo. London. 1836.
3. Austria and the Austrians. In two volumes. Post 8vo.
4. Three Voyages in the Black Sea to the coast of Circas-
sia. By the Chev. Taitbout de Marigny, Consul of
his Majesty the King of the Netherlands, at Odessa.
8vo. London. 1837.
5. Travels in Circassia, Krim Tartary, &c. including a
Steam Voyage down the Danube, from Vienna to
Constantinople, and round the Black Sea, in 1836.
By Edmund Spencer, Esq. Author of “Sketches of
Germany and the Germans," &c. In two volumes.
6. Report on the Commerce of the Ports of New Russia,
Moldavia, and Wallachia, made to the Russian Go-
vernment, in 1835, in pursuance of an investigation,
undertaken by order of Count Woronzow. Trans-
lated from the original, published at Odessa, by T. F.
Triebner. Post 8vo. London. 1836.
7. A Geographical, Statistical, and Commercial Account
of the Russian Ports of the Black Sea, the Sea of
Azoph, and the Danube; also an official Report of
the European Commerce of Russia, in 1835. From
the German. With a map. 8vo. London. 1837. 198
X.--Théorie Analytique des Probabilités. Par M. le Marquis
de Laplace, ric. 3ième édition. Paris. 1820. - 237
11.-Summary Review of Italian and German Catholic Liter-
ature, from January to June 1837.
Notices of New Books
I.- Novalis Schriften. Herausgegeben von L. Tieck und F.
Schlegel. Berlin. 1826.—The Writings of Novalis.
Edited by L. Tieck and F. Schlegel. Berlin. 1826.
II.—Deux Chanceliers d'Angleterre. Bacon de Vérulam et S.
Thomas de Canterbéry. Par A. F. Ozanam. Paris.
III.-1. Geschichte der Vorläufer der Reformation. History of
the Forerunners of the Reformation. By Dr. Ludwig
Flathe. Leipsig. 1835.
2. Histoire des Vaudois des Vallées du Piémont. Par
A. Muston. Paris. 1834.
3. Considérations sur les Vaudois. Par M. Peyran.
4. Recherches Historiques sur la véritable Origine des
Vaudois, et sur le Caractère de leurs Doctrines Pri-
mitives. Paris. 1836.
IV.-1. Contrasts, or a Parallel between the Noble Edifices of
the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries, and similar
Buildings of the Present Day; shewing the present
decay of Taste. By A. Welby Pugin, architect. 4to.
2. A Reply to Observations which appeared in “ Fraser's
Magazine” for March 1837, on a work entitled
“ Contrasts." By the Author of that Publication.
V.-Histoire de Sainte Elizabeth de Hongrie, Duchesse de
Thuringe. (1207-1231.) Par Le Comte de Monta-
lembert, Pair de France. Paris. 1836.
VI.-1. The Angler in Ireland, or an Englishman's Ramble
through Connaught and Munster, in the Summer of
1833. London. 1834.
2. Journey throughout Ireland, in the Spring, Summer,
and Autumn of 1834. By H. D. înglis, Esq. Lond.
3. A Tour round Ireland in the Summer of 1835. By
John Barrow, Jun. Esq. London, 1836 -