« EelmineJätka »
Group (X) of Railways, (The London and York, &c.), and that on Group (A), (The North Kent, South-Eastern, &c.) These reports, it may be proper to remark, are not intended to give a detailed history of each day's proceedings, but to explain the general nature of the proceedings before Committees, and the principal points of parliamentary law or practice, which are likely to arise in the course of them. In addition to this, there has been introduced into the Appendix a Summary of Parliamentary Practice, including the new Resolutions of the two Houses, the Suggestions recently issued by the Chairmen of Committees for their guidance, a view of the question what constitutes a locus standi to be heard before a Railway Committee against a bill, and the grounds of opposition that may be taken by opponents. Forms of Railway Deeds have also been added, and a brief account of the present functions of the Board of Trade in regard of Railway Bills before Parliament. The Appendix concludes with some unreported cases relative to the liabilities of Provisional Directors, and the important case of Reg. v. The Great Western Railway Company, touching the rating of Railways, just reported.
4, KING'S BENCH WALK, TEMPLE,
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
2. Rights and Liabilities of Owner of Railway con-
Of the Provisional Formation of a Railway Company
Powers, Duties, Rights, and Liabilities growing
2. Of the Powers, Privileges, and Incapacities of a Com-
pany for the making of a Railway in its Provisional
3. Of the Duties of such Company, and herein more par-
ticularly of the Steps preliminary to, and of the ob-
1. Of the general Principles of Construction
II. Of the Principles applicable to particular Clauses
III. Of the Principles applicable to the Construction
Of the Company, as constituted under the Act.
Part I. Of the Legality of a Railway Company
Part II. Of the Constitution of a Railway Company
Sect. 1. Of the Constitution of the Company generally ..
(2) Of the Powers, Capacities, and Incapacities
1. Of the general Nature and Extent of
(3) Of the Rights of the Company incidental
(6) Of its public Acts and Liabilities
1. Of Liabilities on Contracts
(2) Of the general Meetings of the Company
(4) Of the Officers, Servants, &c.
(7) Of the Books, Records, &c. of the Company 251
Sect. 4. Of the Capital of the Company
(1) Of the Capital of the Company generally..
Of certain general Statutory Provisions for the Re-
gulation, &c. of Railway Companies, whereby their
Powers, Duties, Obligations, &c. are more or less
1. Of Powers of Supervision reserved to Board of Trade 330
2. Of Provisions for the Extension and Enlargement of
the Powers of Railway Companies
5. Of certain Conditions annexed to future Grants of
Part I. Of Remedies for or against Railway Companies.. 349