« EelmineJätka »
Date and Chapter of Act.
Title of Act.
tion, incorporation, and regulation of
An Act for the incorporation and regula-
An Act to amend the Joint Stock Com-
An Act to amend the law relating to
An Act to amend the Act 7th & 8th Vict.
An Act to amend the Joint Stock Com-
An Act to enable Joint Stock Banking
7 & 8 Vict. c. 113. s. 47.
Every Company of more than six persons established on Existing the 6th day of May, 1844, for the purpose of carrying on the Companies trade or business of bankers within the distance of 65 to have the miles from London, and not within the provisions of the suing and Act passed in the session holden in the 7th and 8th being sued. years of the reign of her present Majesty, chapter 113, shall have the same powers and privileges of suing and being sued in the name of any one of the public officers of such copartnership as the nominal plaintiff, petitioner, or defendant on behalf of such copartnership; and all judgments, decrees, and orders made and obtained in any such suit may be enforced in like manner as is provided with respect to such Companies carrying on the said trade or business at any place in England exceeding the distance of 65 miles from London, under the provisions of an Act passed in the 7th year of the reign of King George the Fourth, Chapter 46, intituled "An Act for the better regulating copartnerships of certain bankers in England, and for amending so much of an Act of the 39th and 40th years of the reign of his late Majesty King George the Third, intituledAn Act for establishing an agreement with the Governor and Company of the Bank of England for advancing the sum of three millions towards the supply for the service of the year 1800,' as relates to the same, provided that such first mentioned Company shall make out and deliver from time to time to the commissioners of stamps and taxes the several accounts or returns required by the last mentioned Act, and all the provisions of the last recited Act as to such accounts or returns shall be taken to apply to the accounts or returns so made out and delivered by such first mentioned Companies as if they had been originally included in the provisions of the last recited Act.
20 & 21 Vict. c. 49, Part of Section XII.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any Act passed Power to in the session holden in the 7th and 8th years of the reign form bank. of her present Majesty, Chapter 113, and intituled "An Act to regulate Joint Stock Banks in England," or in any other Act, it shall be lawful for any number of persons, not
ships of ten persons.
exceeding ten, to carry on in partnership the business of banking, in the same manner and upon the same conditions in all respects as any Company of not more than six persons could before the passing of this Act have carried on such business.
GENERAL ORDER AND RULES OF THE HIGH COURT OF CHANCERY
ΤΟ REGULATE THE MODE OF PROCEEDING UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT, 1862.
[11th November, 1862.]
(With the exception of Rules 52, 57, 69, 73, 74, 75, 76 and 77, these Rules are embodied in the text of this work, and will be found at the pages set opposite the number of each Rule).
51. Applications to the Court or Judge under
56. Certificate of chief clerk on liquidator's account 66
the Judge's chambers, in each matter, in the
Rule 58. File of proceedings
59. Provisional official liquidators
60. Attendance and appearance of parties
56, 72, 136
69. The forms set forth or referred to in the third schedule to these orders, with such variations as the circumstances of each case may require, may be used for the respective purposes mentioned in such schedule.
72. Taxation of costs
73. The power of the Court and of the Judge sitting in chambers to enlarge or abridge the time for doing any act or taking any proceeding to adjourn or review any proceeding, and to give any direction as to the course of proceeding, is unaffected by these rules.
74. The general practice of the Court, including the course of proceeding and practice at the Judge's chambers, as provided by the stat. 15 & 16 Vict. c. 80, and the General Orders of the Court relative thereto, shall in cases not provided for by the Companies Act, 1862, or these rules, and so far as the same are applicable and not inconsistent with the said Act, or these rules, apply to all proceedings for winding up a company.
75. These rules apply only to proceedings under the Companies Act, 1862.
Commencement of Rules.
76. These rules shall take effect and come into operation on and after the 25th day of November, 1862.
77. The first rule of the 23rd of the Consolidated General Orders, and the general interpretation clause therein, shall be deemed to extend and apply to the rules of this order,